How to get my striker scores ?

alexdbaf

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I manage an underdog in italian Serie B , Salernitana. Things went well so far as we are currently topping the table after 27 games (we were predicted 9th) but I'd like to improve my tactic as I seen a recurring problem :
My 3 strikers are quite good for my league but they never score ! They have scored (together) 4 goals in 29 games. All my goals rely on my wingers (respectively 12, 7 and 5 goals) and sometimes midfielders. The problem is that this situation causes me to score very few goals (apart from rare occasion) as you can see on the first screenshot. I generally dominate the games but it happens a lot that I can't score. It's a pity that in those situations I can't rely on my strikers, given that they are very good players.
image.thumb.png.f2be0661d106005d32b59ef8ba7b0f12.png

I would like to exploit more my striker and find a way to involve them more in the game, could you help me with that please :) ? Here is my main tactic:
image.thumb.png.08ae6e3427d7f5d07b2e43f78c4b3b5d.pngimage.thumb.png.ec1d91638d11384b8f0b733aecaf4451.pngimage.thumb.png.e23b11a72a9eb8ec127edbb16f92d9f1.pngimage.thumb.png.73d2c1ef310675ddd08433fb929da6f9.png

I used to play with Complete Wing Back but it was too offensive and it let too much spaces. Also, I lowered my defensive line (that used to be higher) because of the counter attack. I have the best defence in my league by far so I guess it worked quite well.
Thank you very much for your help !

I would switch your DLF to either a AF or a PF to see an increase in goals. I was playing a similar tactic and was struggling with a F9, switched to a AF and had massive changes.

Also I found that IW work better than IF but that might just be me.

Yeah I agree about changing his role. I had issues with my DLF while my PF was pretty prolific (31 goals in 38 games, won the golden boot). What's your tactical style and mentality? I don't see any issues with your team instructions right off, but it's hard to judge completely without that information. Your strikers' player instructions and their individual traits might also be helpful information for us if you don't mind posting a few extra screenshots.

(Not directly relevant but I also had more success with inverted wingers than inside forwards and I also don't really understand why)

Hi everyone,
I finally put my striker on (AF) , with one of the winger in IW(s) instead of IF(a) , and I also deselected "counter-press", in transition.

My results for the last 11 games of the season : 6V 3X 2D , 64% of the points won. Way better than the 8 first games of the 2d part of the season (13/24, 54%) but under the first part of the season (38/57, 66%). I did notice however that my strikers were more involved in the game, scoring more goals and giving more assists. Also, I took less counter-attack thanks to the deletion of the "counter-press" consign.

The good thing is that... I won the Serie B ? !

I am now in Serie A and need to create a whole team, as I had a looot of player on loan last season ... Also, I will need to adapt my tactic to a league where I will play as an outsider in every game. I will have more spaces, that's sure, but the opponents will also be quite stronger than my team. So I'm still working on my tactic. Should I emphasize the counter-attack and let the opponent play in my side ? And play long ball instead of short ? That's not my football ?