Reaction score
Hi mates, IM managin Benfica in october of second season, in 1st season I domineted I won Domestic treble with only one lost in Portugese league I beat Porto 4-1,2-0,1-0,3-1. I reached ECC final beating OL, Spurs and Arsenal in final I lost 1-0 to Chelsea in a even game. But now Im struggling I am winning like 2-1 and 1-0 against weaker teams and Porto beat me 3-1 in PPL, how should I get my team back IN old form? Should i change my tactics or what?

This is my team

GK:Roberto
DR:Maxi Pereira(this guy sucks so i need someone good here, Cassani and Azipelicuta are in City and United)
DCs:Luisao and Luiz
DL:Coentrao
DMC:Javi Garcia
MCR:Javi Martinez
MCL:Ganso
AMR:Krasic
AML:Hazard
STC:Cardozo

subs:
Sidnei,Luis felipe, Aimar, Airton, Babacar etc.

Please help me!

Slight tweaks in your tactics works, don't overhaul them though. The AI learns your tactic as the game goes on so they are bound to counter it after using the same tactic against a team more than 2/3 times.

Should I maybe remove DMC from my tactics and play 4-4-2 with wingers and get a partner for Cardozo (Neymar?)
how should i play them upfront?

I'd play a more attacking formation with a team like Benfica, maybe just use a Ball winning midfielder. Just push the DMC position to CM [Ball winning midfielder - Support] and go overload when playing evidently weaker teams but revert back to just attacking against Porto/Sporting/Braga..

As I said, don't make changes that big so quick, it may take your team a while to get used to the new set-up, slowly rotate the formation around or make another slot on your Match Prep screen with the formation you'd like to use so when you do eventually change it, it will be easier for the players to become accustomed to playing with. Try pushing Garcia inbetween Ganso and Martinez and playing him as a ball winning midfielder, support.