How to get reserve manager to use players?

craiigman

Reaction score
I signed Carlos Fierro and wanted to give him a season in the reserves and maybe some Carling Cup action (I'm Arsenal). However whenever I check who played for my reserves he is very rarely in the team! Yet I looked at one of them, and for some reason I had 3-4 players who aren't even under contract with me playing :/

So I loaned out some of the players from the reserves to give some of the others a chance, yet he's still barely being used. I do have Akpom who is on form in the reserves, but just ignoring Fierro is annoying me.

Is there a way I can have a private chat with the Reserve Manager to get him to start using him more or what?

That's weird, he should be playing then. What are his fitness levels?

That's weird, he should be playing then. What are his fitness levels?

They are good. Really not to sure. However I just had a Carling Cup game vs Crewe and I started him, he bagged a hattrick within 30 minutes! Maybe that will get him more game time in the reserves. If not I might loan him out in January to get him some game time.

One Method I use is, Send the Other Striker to the U18s if he is Eligible and Untick the Other Striker to Play for the Reserves.
Always Works for Me. also Check your Reserves Manager's Preffered Formation. If He uses 1 striker, Instruct him to use Fierro for 90mins Reserves Game.

One Method I use is, Send the Other Striker to the U18s if he is Eligible and Untick the Other Striker to Play for the Reserves.
Always Works for Me. also Check your Reserves Manager's Preffered Formation. If He uses 1 striker, Instruct him to use Fierro for 90mins Reserves Game.

Well I want him an Akpom to rotate in the reserves as I have Akpom coming through as well. Although he is only 16 he's one of my best reserves. But I could put him back into under 18's for a year, then when he's 17 and Fierro is first team rotation have him play some more.