kurtywurty

Reaction score
Ok so I'm deploying him behind the striker in his favourite role I've been giving him varying amounts of creative freedom and passing range but I can't get him to play well, whereas ramsey and arteta behind him average 60-90 passes with over 90% accuracy, Cazorla my main man.....just sucks. HELP!

Is he set to playmaker?
If you set Arteta as playmaker with MIXED passing he'll usually bypass the amc and try and play in the striker.

yeah he is and I've even started letting him shoot from anywhere and constantly run with ball to no avail. However I just signed Jovetic and played him there and he scored twice and killed it.

Ok so I'm deploying him behind the striker in his favourite role I've been giving him varying amounts of creative freedom and passing range but I can't get him to play well, whereas ramsey and arteta behind him average 60-90 passes with over 90% accuracy, Cazorla my main man.....just sucks. HELP!

No disrespect but you're not measuring Cazorla's performance accurately. For an AML/AMC/AMR you need to look at;

- Goals
- Assists
- Key Passes
- Average Rating

Too many people get suckered into the number of total passes and pass completion percentage. Get your DMC/CM (Defend) to concentrate on simple passes and they'll score highly in these areas. Get your attacking mids to tear it up.

I'm in Season 7 of my Newcastle save and in the early seasons Cazorla was a perennial Player of the Year contender.

No disrespect but you're not measuring Cazorla's performance accurately. For an AML/AMC/AMR you need to look at;

- Goals
- Assists
- Key Passes
- Average Rating

That's fair enough, I used pass completion as an example because everyone was achieving good passing stats and subsequently getting good average ratings but he was just terrible, playing at like a 6.1. However I just played the first game of the season at he played at a 9.2 and scoring twice and setting one up. So hopefully I've nailed it. (H)

Last edited:
wish i knew how to put my quote in its own box, looks far better.

Just out of intrest Kurtywurty what setting are you using for him now because im having the same problem with him

- Goals
- Assists
- Key Passes
- Average Rating

That's fair enough, I used pass completion as an example because everyone was achieving good passing stats and subsequently getting good average ratings but he was just terrible, playing at like a 6.1. However I just played the first game of the season at he played at a 9.2 and scoring twice and setting one up. So hopefully I've nailed it. (H)

Yeah it seems you've hit your stride with him. Remember he's also a new signing, and they still need to blend in.