How to get the best out of a first season with Liverpool with £20 million to spend?

eggy201

Reaction score
Hey guys,

planning on starting a new season with Liverpool but has anyone got any ideas what tactics to play to get the best out of my players and who to buy?

As in real life, buy the best poacher you can. I also tend to offload Kuyt for around 12 million as he just doesn't perform as you'd expect - bring in a good inside forward in his place, gio dos santos was great for me. The problem is Liverpool are good in all areas but great in none of them. Simplifies things a bit in a way, only buy better than what you already have.

sign willian from botafogo 2mil st good poacher :) Jamal Blackman from chelsea 55k!! bargainn!! i fink a 4 3 3 formation with DLP OR CM/AP and BWM and A :) 2W and a Poacher

As in real life, buy the best poacher you can. I also tend to offload Kuyt for around 12 million as he just doesn't perform as you'd expect - bring in a good inside forward in his place, gio dos santos was great for me. The problem is Liverpool are good in all areas but great in none of them. Simplifies things a bit in a way, only buy better than what you already have.

4-2-3-1 Control

GK
DR - DC - DC - DL
DMC - DMC
AMR - AMC - AML
ST

Home
GK = Sweeper Keeper Defend
DR/DL = Wing Back Auto
DC= Central Defender Cover
DMRC = Defensive Midfielder Support
DMLC = Deep Lying Playmaker Support
AMR = Inside Forward Support
AML = Inside Forward Support
AMC = Trequartista Attack
ST = Poacher Attack
Away
GK = Sweeper Keeper Defend
DR/DL = Full Back Back Auto
DC= Central Defender Cover
DMRC = Defensive Midfielder Defend
DMLC = Deep Lying Playmaker Support
AMR = Defensive Winger Attack
AML = Defensive Winger Attack
AMC = Trequartista Attack
ST = Complete Forward Attack

DMLC = Playmaker
ST = Target Man (home=run onto ball; away=mixed)

Main Players for positions

Gerrard = AMC
Lucas = DMRC
Charlie Adam = DMLC​

Sell Carroll... No seriously sell Carroll. However the guy a few posts above seems to have got it right, Liverpool are a good team but aren't great in any areas.

id bring in a good young cb and wingers and striker aswell :) Willian or rochina! lucas andersen for wing and for cb erm danny da costa or craig dawson and branescu for GK and erm pizzaro for DLP and Ivo Pek for DLP

If you can get him, I found him almost impossible to get on many of my prior saves, James Rodriguez from Porto is an absolute phenomenon. Cost me £10m in January but if you check my story: "Back to Winning Ways: The Andre Villas-Boas Story" you'll see that he's more than worth it, well has been so far!