How to handle Messi Contract Extrntion

• Thread starter Thread starter bijo9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7K

bijo9

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm coaching Barca for 3rd year and now it's time to extend Messi Contract, although club is in very good financial position I still can not meet the Messi expectations and I'm afraid he will leave on free Transfer :S Any suggestion???

Adjust the wage budget on board screen to the left most value and then one notch to the right so you have the max possible wage budget and still enough cash for signing on fee for him and his agent

Thanks for reply buddy but the problem is I have already brought wage to the Max and still can not match the fees

try your assistant to handle contract renewals. he will negotiate with him better than you may be :) i always tick that option when i take control of a team...

Thanks for tip, but that option is also already on and Messi still dose not accept the offers :(

Lock him to the max wage you can offer and he'll want some clauses to extend his contract.
Adding a % wage increase might do the trick to get around it.

Make sure you give him Match's Highest Earner clause and Maximum appearance fee and Goal Bonus with high yearly increase in wages. Give him the best you can. That said, If i was you and one of my players did that, Then i would just sell him as soon as i can and recoup maximum amount of money i can. Its Football manager and dont forget, No player is bigger then the club. Find a wonderkid to replace him with. I am sure there must be some Regens in the game with the potential world-Class ability. Look in Argentina.

Let his contract run down. The chances of him negotiating terms with another club are slim to none with those types of demands, then he'll eventually re-sign for you. Risky, but worth a shot.

Isnt their an option via "Private chat" that you can use to ask him to reduce wage demands?

Just curious, how much does he demands on wages, signing on fee and other things..?

I'm having problems signing Ronaldo, his wage demands are too much, used a few tips in here and he's happy with terms, only problem is agent wants £11m and I can only offer £8.5m.. thanks for tips everyone, anyone got any for convincing agent? cheers.

Locking down his wages and other terms that you can't match should make his agent try to think of new ways to screw you out of millions. Also, bribe his agent.. Pretty sure that still works.

his first extension was made by assistant and is set for 45000 p/w (I know it's bit stupid) now he (agent) asks
650000 pw
Highest paid clause
12M Agent fee
11M loyalty bones
and some other minor bones which could be ok

Im spurs in 2016 and messi's contract with barca is almost up and it looks like he wont resign :) maybe i can nab him ? :D

his first extension was made by assistant and is set for 45000 p/w (I know it's bit stupid) now he (agent) asks
650000 pw
Highest paid clause
12M Agent fee
11M loyalty bones
and some other minor bones which could be ok

Some one else said this, let his contract run down a little bit. The closer your get to his contract being run down, the more leninent they are with wages. Its risky, but its a trick I used to use and it worked well.

Back