Scotty98TR

Reaction score
This is my current first team squad: View attachment 446529View attachment 446528

I am about to sell Timo Horn for ?10m, and Gaitan for ?5m. After these sales, I'll have ?72m, and ?250k a week available.

The biggest problem I am facing is that if I was to register all my players apart from Horn or Gaitan, I would have registered 24 out of my 25 man squad, and only have 7 trained in England. Therefore any signings I make either need to of been trained in England, or will have to replace someone else.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Luke Shaw James Ward-Prowse Leon Goretzka Alekander Mitrovic Timo Werner

I have Santon, Clyne and Gibbs at LB, so don't think it is worth splashing out on Shaw; I'm looking at Ward-Prowse but I do have alot of CMs; Forgot about Goretzka, so gonna scout him (Although he isn't HG so makes it more difficult), Mitrovic is injury prone on my game :(; I already have Timo Werner :D

Take a look at Adam Campbell. Seen him progress into a great player. Maybe offload Huntelaar?

Take a look at Adam Campbell. Seen him progress into a great player. Maybe offload Huntelaar?

I literally just got Huntelaar on a free :p Only a 1 year contract though

Had a look at Campbell, but he's at Chelsea and Jose says he won't sell me anything because I fell out with him :/

What do people think to Alex Song? I could bring him back for ?15.5m, he's homegrown... but he'd be on ?130k a week (Plus add-ons)??

carlos vela ?3,5m to Arsenal mayeb he be HG? ross barkley?

My general advice is to have 2 players in each position of your tactic (or tactics if you use more than 1). That's like 23-24 players totally for most teams. More than 2 would be a waste of money and harmony in your squad.

So keep the best 2 players in each spot and with that money strengthen other areas you struggle (like no back up option for some positions or less depth).

Homegrown problem you mentioned can be solved if you just register less players and keep some spots blank.
That's what i do in order not to sell anyone and keep everyone happy.

PS: biggest mistake i have done in my saves too was to buy players that were in super good price/ free while i didnt need them or i already had enough good players in these spots.
I regretted it no doubt..
For example i ended up having 3 AML (Reus, Brandt, Vitinho) while i can't switch anyone of them on AMR as i already have there ( Januzaj/Leitner /and another great prospect)..
So now i will have to sell either Vitinho or Januzaj or Leitner all of them like 4+ stars on PA scouts :(

Last edited:
carlos vela ?3,5m to Arsenal mayeb he be HG? ross barkley?

I recently sold Vela for ?27m to AC Milan. I get outbidded by Chelsea for Barkley (I didn't realise they'd had a bid accepted :/)

My general advice is to have 2 players in each position of your tactic (or tactics if you use more than 1). That's like 23-24 players totally for most teams. More than 2 would be a waste of money and harmony in your squad.

So keep the best 2 players in each spot and with that money strengthen other areas you struggle (like no back up option for some positions or less depth).

Homegrown problem you mentioned can be solved if you just register less players and keep some spots blank.
That's what i do in order not to sell anyone and keep everyone happy.

PS: biggest mistake i have done in my saves too was to buy players that were in super good price/ free while i didnt need them or i already had enough good players in these spots.
I regretted it no doubt..
For example i ended up having 3 AML (Reus, Brandt, Vitinho) while i can't switch anyone of them on AMR as i already have there ( Januzaj/Leitner /and another great prospect)..
So now i will have to sell either Vitinho or Januzaj or Leitner all of them like 4+ stars on PA scouts :(

What positions would you suggest need strengthening though (Either in first team quality or just depth)? And what position would you say are overcrowded (Apart from striker)

What positions would you suggest need strengthening though (Either in first team quality or just depth)? And what position would you say are overcrowded (Apart from striker)
It depends on your tactic.. and i assume your squad is this of OP .. Can you post an ss of your main Tactic used?

This is my main tactic, although I also use a 4-4-1-1 (Standard 4-4-2 but one of the strikers is a shadow striker)

View attachment 446212

I can buy Yaya Toure for just ?7.5m, plus an extra few million if he makes 50 appearances and scores 20 goals for me. What would you suggest? I would have to un-register a player - not sure who, but I may sell Yacob

The transfer window's ended, and I spent the last of my budget on Toure (I loaned out Bardi and just kept 2 first team 'keepers)

Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Sorry was late :)
Wish you good luck next season. ;)

I'd say you need a English Right-Back, kinda young and decent ability right away. Dont know who would fit that mould, but Sagna is getting old and you really need to look into getting him a replacement.

I'd say you need a English Right-Back, kinda young and decent ability right away. Dont know who would fit that mould, but Sagna is getting old and you really need to look into getting him a replacement.

Already got Clyne for my long-term replacement to Sagna :D