How to improve my laptop in time for FM2013

whenray

Reaction score
I have a HP laptop with 4gb ram and about 465gb of memory, I can't remember the exact model. I managed to play fm2012 on it without any problems but was hoping to improve it in time for fm2013 as it always said I just had half a star for game speed and half a star computer performance. Is there anything I can buy such as external hard drives/ graphics cards etc to improve the performance of football manager on my laptop? Like I said it runs fine but the match engine graphics are a bit shoddy and would like to be able to play with a lot of leagues running at once without risking the laptop slowing down too much or even crashing. Any recommendations will be appreciated, cheers.

What kind of processor are you running? Because thats the main one that dictates speed and power.

But best thing to do is use a disc defrag and possibly overclock your cpu and gpu but thats risky and may burn your laptop out if you dont know what your doing

can be very difficult and expensive to upgrade laptops. Do as Steve says as that they improve performance slightly. But really to get a good performance increase then your best bet is to just buy a better laptop. If you're only getting half a star then you're kind of screwed

Nothing wrong with 1 star. The game speed difference between one and 5 star is barely noticeable. If you find the speed acceptable then don't worry about it too much.

Hi Whenray, don't worry about the stars, and if you want to improve your FM experience without spending any money, download Game Booster, it shuts down unnecessary system processes in order to improve performance, then go to FM preferences, display and sound, and untick show crowd, outside scenes, and stadiums but a lot of people is not keen on that, so if that is your case, best thing is to invest in a graphic card; check this website and compare performance:GPU – Video Cards @ Hardware Compare.
Take care