How to improve one-on-one finishes?

aiantas97

Reaction score
Seriously guys,it drives me crazy!They can't score.So,is there a solution to this?A training schedule or something?

Train them to Place Shots and if good dribbler Go Round Keeper or if good finisher/composure/technique then Lob Keeper. Seems to work for me

Train them to Place Shots and if good dribbler Go Round Keeper or if good finisher/composure/technique then Lob Keeper. Seems to work for me
You mean to tell them at private chat,right?
I have Lavezzi and Cavani.Lavezzi has 16 dribbling and 13 finishing.So I suppose that I should tell him go round keeper.And Cavani has 14 dribbling and 18 finishing.So tell him what?Place his shots at the corners of the net?

I have Lavezzi and Cavani.Lavezzi has 16 dribbling and 13 finishing.So I suppose that I should tell him go round keeper.And Cavani has 14 dribbling and 18 finishing.So tell him what?Place his shots at the corners of the net?

Yea private chat.

Lavezzi - Round Keeper
Cavani - Place Shots first then Lob Keeper

Or just try to get strikers which are quicker than most defenders in the league, that solves it for me. They still miss a lot but they also get tons of chances...

Get Lavezzi to place shots. His beast after he learns to! Also place him as poacher.

Or just try to get strikers which are quicker than most defenders in the league, that solves it for me. They still miss a lot but they also get tons of chances...

You're better off with a good aerial battler of a striker that can hassle opponents than quick strikers who cannot finish their chances. Often then not, the aerial battlers will get more goals. Quick strikers with poor finishing are better off as wingers.

Quick strikers who learned to run into open areas work nicely for me. They might miss 3 or 4 out of 5 but they often get 10 per match. And for wingers, I prefer quick players with dribbling and finishing skill and let them play inside forwards on the AML/AMR spots.