Baggie Crow

Reaction score
Right so bear in mind im in like 2017 now and have just taken over a shocking Arsenal side after Wenger retired.

I'm using a downloaded tactic (always risky) off steam but have tweaked it slightly. It is meant to be 4-2-3-1 but ive dropped one of the midfield two into a much deeper defensive role.

My squad as follows needs work and i was wondering how i could improve it?

GK:
Szeszney (or however you spell it) has cost me in the big games and is passing the ball too short meaning he concedes cheap goals to fast striker.
Jeronimo Rulli: signed from corinithians and hasnt settled just yet
Viviano: overall form of 7.14 and my best keeper this season so far

DEF:

RB: Sagna (34 considering realeasing him at the end of the season when his contract is up)
Micah Richards: class on his day but does have injury problems
John Stones: 10 million quid panic buy from my old everton team but has a rating of 7.54 across the season hes played mostly at centre half.

LB:
Arsenal did not have a recognised left back when i arrived so i bought in Luke Shaw and Leighton Baines but Shaw gives away a lot of fouls in his own area and Baines can be very hit and miss. Shaw is obviously the future so how can i improve him?

CB: Koscielney and Vermaelen were the only two centre halfs at the club so i brought in Liam Moore the old Leicester centre back again from Everton and he has a rating of about 7.30 but struggles in the big games ( he is only like 22) and Ezequiel Munoz from Inter who is also doing well. However Koscieleny who has been decent is 30 and Vermaelen (31) has been woeful.

Any suggestions to improve either the goalkeeper or centre back? Or how to improve Luke Shaw?

Mid:
Wilshere: had a poor season getting ratings of 6.8 and cant hold down a place in my starting line up. i want to play him deeper than in the hole as i have ample attacking mids as i will get onto but he makes lots of mistakes consdering he is rated a 5* player and 4.5*'s at any of the central midfield postions.

Ramsey: Similar problems to Wilshere but has better form. Can still be hit and miss

Pjanic: An old Wenger signing who could easily help me get Arsenal back into the champs league if he didn't keep getting 'a gashed leg' its honetly like hes made of paper. Would better fitness improve this?

Carmona: Someone who was just at Everton and was getting decent 7.2 ratings in 2 straight seasons at Everton so i brough him to Arsenal. 29 and still consistent but i was hoping he'd be more a squad player than the central figure he seems to be either in central midfield of in a defensive ball winning role.

Pizzaro: Another South American signing from Tigers I think. Decent but again a squad player. (this is NOT the guy who was at Man City and Roma)

Vladimir Darida: Another weird Wenger signing. Want to play him as cover for Ramsey but inconsistent defensively

In short i need a signing who can boss central midfield. Someone like Pogba (but i dont know how he will turn out)

Attacking midfield:
What should be the strength of the team but is very hot and cold. Joining a team that has world class players but is not in the champions league doesnt help.

Xherdan Shaqiri: A world class inside forward who again can be hit and miss. I play him on the right hand side and he does chip in but has said he will leave at the end of the season if i dont get into the champions league. 6.93 rating

Juan Fernando Quintero: Had never heard of this guy but he can be amazing. Scores free kicks for fun and had a similar stance to Shaqiri but has just signed a new deal. Good but wants to play in the centre but he is my only good option for wide left.

Ross Barkley: Ozil was set on leaving so i replace him with yet another Everton signing who is i beielive my top scorer palying as a shadow striker. One of my best performers 7.45

Theo Walcott. Scores goals but I don't see him as the basis to turn Arsenal around. Has good form but lets me down in the big games.

Santi Cazorla: At 31 I wanted him to be a squad player but he's my back up left mid and can play in the hole or on the right. Decent but lacking the quality i need.

Forwards:
Olivier Giroud: The only striker at the club upon my arrival. Can't score in the league but does ok in the Euro League. Considering selling him.

Iago Aspas: I needed a striker and had alread spent my budget. I managed to get him for 2 million and resigned myself to the fact I had basically bought a poor man's Tevez (in look not skill) but he has scored 16 in 2q appearnces and once he starts scoring cannot stop. Single handedly maintaining my challenge for the top 4.

Christian Benteke: Window shopping for a striker and thought how nice it would be to have him ( he was at PSG) was quoted for 91 million but let the board sort the transfer and they got him for 46 million. 6 appearances 3 goals so far (was signed on the first day of january) but im not sure on how to get the best out of him

Imminent signings:

Javier Aquino free tansfer from pumas. Was signed for cover at right mid if shaqiri leaves

Tomas Martinez from River Plate: 8 million and my scout basically held me at gun point to buy him. central attacking mid but looks like the next zidane. Hoping he pans out well.

AHEM.
Ramblings aside thats the low down on my squad. A new central midfielder is a must and also a new centre half (suggestions for these are kind of the point of the thread) but also hwo i can get the best out of those who are underperforming. (Wilshere, goalkeepers, Benteke to an extent)

Many thanks

If you want a BWM, look at Papadopoulous or Wanyama. Those 2 are the best BWM ingame. For a BTB, you can't go wrong with Pogba. He's a monster ingame. Also, look for Ward-Prowse. He's an excellent DLP.

Honestly speaking, spending so much on Benteke was a mistake. There are so many, many better options like Mitrovic, Morata, Rescaldani. Heck, Facundo Ferreyra is probably better than all of them, with the exception of Mitrovic. But anyhow, Benteke performs best as a TM, with wingers feeding him crosses.

CB - You should probably start looking at regens. Most of the good ones will be horribly expensive. Try Umtiti, Doria, Balanta, Papadopoulous - the usual lot. Tin Jedvaj, maybe?

I'm not sure why Shaw is doing bad, he's simply fabulous for me. Probably wait until he completely settles in. Baines is probably 30 now? For a LB, where Physicals matter more, he'll start declining a bit sooner. Look if any good regens are present, if not, sell and get a younger option (Alex Sandro. Joanthan Silva)

?46Million for benteke!!!!!!!! Dude, you could have bought like 20 strikers who are better than Benteke for ?10m.

As for CM's, I have had great sucess with Pavlovski, Mascarell, Lucas Evangelista, Fortounis, Capezzi, Qaiziashvilli, Leandro Paredes, Giuliano etc.

I was desperate and I didn't negotiate the deal I let the board do it. I was originally quoted 91 million for him but personally would not have paid more than 25.

@Sherkley

Thank you for your suggestions. Have signed papadopulous but Wanyama is unfortunately at Liverpool at hey want at least 30 million for him. Ward-Prowse has just been snatched from under my nose by said Liverpudlians. Juve won't let Pogba go at all so I stilll want a a box to box mid as ramsey simply doesn't cut the mustard. Wilshere again is hot and cold in that position.

I am also in advanced talks with Mitrovic I'm just waiting for Vermaelen who is going the other way to sign for Shaktar

Schneiderlin? He'll be somewhere around 27, but he's pretty good at BTB.

Where is Ozil?

Facunda Ferreyra, Mitrovic, Werner, Zivkovic - All strikers.
Wanyama, Lucas Romero - BWM
Balanta, Papadopolous, Doria - CB
Mayke, De Sciglio - RB
Horn, Alex McCarthy - GB

Give them a go. In the year you are now they may have been snapped up already.