sokko

Reaction score
Does anyone how any tips on how to improve this team? This is the team I used for 1st season (finished 2nd in the leauge 3 points behind Chelsea, although i had 103-27 goals, like 20 higher than them, won the Euro leauge and were finalist in the FA cup:

Gomes 7,14
Bale 7.44 Chiellini 7,26 Samba 7,73 Srna 7,41
Sandro 7,16 Anchor
Hamsik 7,04 Van der Vaart 7,40 2 Cms
Willian 7,54 Modric 7,48 2 Wingers
Doumbia 7,80

6 of these players were in the allstar premier leauge team, Srna, Samba, Modric, Willian, Van der vaart and Doumbia

Im wondering how to improve this for season 2? I got like 20 mil extra in January and I guess i will also get the normal budget bonus for season 2 (and with champions leauge money coming in and increasing sponsormoney etc i can afford to sign on 24-48 months payoff like I did in 1st season, still the club got 35mil after season 1 without champions leauge money) so Id guess I have like 80 mil+ to spend in season 2 on payoffs. Obviously I should replace Hamsik since he got an average of 7,04 which is horrible..(tried him both as offensive playmaker, deep lying etc still he doesnt seem to do well for me). But there arent that much better midfielders except Xavi, Iniesta (like 70 mil) etc but they wont sign for Tottenham even though our reputation went way up after season one (beat teams like PSG 6-1 and FC Bayern 7-2 total in Euro cup). Ganso would cost like 80 mil+ since City bought him. Same with defensive midfielders, the superplayers, Mascherano, Busquets, De Jong that could improve my team wont sign.

And as for goalkeepers, since that position seems to be the weakest link after Sandro and Hamsik (also my assistant manager agrees, only giving Gomes 2,5 stars and the second weakest Sandro got 3 then the rest 3,5-4.) I tried to bid for Liverpools Reina (4,5 stars from my assistant manager) and he would join but that would cost 60 mil..Is adler better than Gomes? He is availibe for 6 mil. Doumbia plays well but Id like to get a topstriker, like Aguero (40 mil). However the topstrikers wont sign either. So any suggestions on what players to buy?

And btw Samba has to be one of this games best central defenders? I mean getting 7,74 on an average (almost 0,5 more than Chiellini every game) is just amazing

Last edited:
sell gomes and buy ter stegen or lloris ....apart from that, you cant improve unless you can sign messi

I'd say curb the spending a bit if you bought all of these in the first season! Even with increased prize money, spending that much over 48 months each season will likely bankrupt you pretty quickly.

Ya lloris seems solid. Nah it will not bankrupt? Did this strategy with clubs in FM 2010 and it certainly did not happen. The club will just grant you loans, look at teams like Milan they have almost their full value in loans? So Tottenham would get many more loans before going bankrupt?

Depends how long you play for I suppose. If you spend 100mill plus the extra 20mill from January each season and end up with say an 80mill wage bill every season you will have yearly outgoings of 200mill after 4 years if you have the same net spent every year. I've never bankrupt a club on fm myself so i'm not 100%, but just going on other people saying how they have done it. Also, if the club does not have a sugardaddy of some type I don't think they will grant you loans at all.