How to increase budget with a smaller team?

Peef

Reaction score
Situation is as following:

I'm playing a fairly long game with KAA Gent (Belgium), at the moment I'm in the year 2045 .

In this period I got 12 titles, won the cup about 10 times and 1 time the Europa League.
Haven't gotten past the quarter finals in the Champions League, but most of the time I get past the group stage.

The only real problem with seems to stagger my growth is the budget (not the transfer budget) and the stadium can't be expanded currently. (I'm still at the initial number, and the option to expand is disabled when I talk to the board). I can ask for a new stadium, but always getting told that while they agree with me, they simple don't have the funds...

The odd part is I have a transfer budget of over 100mil, which I don't spend because I work with a lot of youth players and free transfers.

So how can it be I still can't have money for the stadium, with all this cash for hands?

Same goes for my wages, I can get away with wages around 20.000€ on average per week, but RSC Anderlecht has wages of over 50.000€ on average..

I already tried to get a feeder club to increase my profile, but the board never finds any suitable clubs..

Seem to be stuck at a dead end, without a budget/stadium increase I don't think I can grow to be a meaningful team in Europe :(

Thanks in advance!

1. Move the slider in your transfer budget all the way over to the wage side (left side of the slider) this will gain you more interest.

2. Scout the **** out of everything get good scouts I always search for 15 JPA and 15 JPP - these will eventually increase with the more players they scout.

3. Keep with the "moneyball" approach - buy low, sell high. It is extremely frustrating to have to do this, but you need to keep padding that transfer/wage budget.

4. Try to buy players from large countries (China, Indonesia, United States, Japan, India, Nigeria, Pakistan) as you will see more merchandising opportunity.

5. Try your hardest to get to the Semis/Finals of the champions league.

6. Make sure you win everything possible (Cups, League, etc., etc.) the revenue streams will be extremely helpful. Use this money to improve other things at the club - Junior Coaching, Facilities (Youth and Training) - while you can.

7. EVENTUALLY - and it is going to take a long while - the board will have to cave and build you a new stadium. Worldwide reputation and being the richest club in the world always helps.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, I will check your ideas out! Just some thoughts:

1. Haven't done this so far, and will do it, but what's the reasoning behind it?
2. Check!
3. Frustrating indeed, I have diverted from it on some occasions and regretted it each time :/
4. Check, although I need to keep an eye on the belgian rule which says I have to have at least 6 homegrown players on my match day selection.
5. Doing that, but somehow my team fails after the group stage, currently I have just won my group, so lets get the hopes up!
6. Check! Currently everything is maxed out, only the youth facilities have degraded again, but my board refuses to invest in them at the moment.
7. I certainly hope so :( 1 positive is that they do agree with me, I 'just' need some cash...

Looking in the Editor at the Ottenstadion, there seems to be a little bug concerning the expansion capacity. It says the (current) capacity is 12790, however the expansion capacity is just 4000. That expansion capacity number should be larger than the current capacity number.

eg., Old Trafford current capacity is 75765, expansion capacity is 100000.

Some stadia have the same number, which prevents expansion (eg., Arsenal's current and expansion capacity are both 60361).

I guess that explains why the "Expand Stadium" option when you talk to the board is greyed out. :(

Actually the Ottenstadion is the old stadion, we have a new one (Arteveldestadion, renamed to Ghelamco Arena in real life) from summer 2013 on.

I'm not sure what the numbers are for the Arteveldestadion though (at work atm)

1. Haven't done this so far, and will do it, but what's the reasoning behind it?

You get interest on your wage budget, but for some reason not on your transfer budget. So putting all your spare money into the wage budget means your club will make more money (The interest)

Can you post a screenshot of your income and expenditure screens please? :) See if there is anywhere you could easily make/save money

You get interest on your wage budget, but for some reason not on your transfer budget. So putting all your spare money into the wage budget means your club will make more money (The interest)

omg really? didn't know this ..

I guess this will make a pretty large impact, thanks a lot!!

Can you post a screenshot of your income and expenditure screens please? :) See if there is anywhere you could easily make/save money

will try to post one tonight, but more likely it will be tomorrowmorning, thx for the help in advance!

Actually the Ottenstadion is the old stadion, we have a new one (Arteveldestadion, renamed to Ghelamco Arena in real life) from summer 2013 on.

I'm not sure what the numbers are for the Arteveldestadion though (at work atm)
Ah ok, my bad :).

Arteveldestadion starts with a capacity of 20000, expansion capacity of 40000.

Ah ok, my bad :).

Arteveldestadion starts with a capacity of 20000, expansion capacity of 40000.

that makes sense :)

what doesn't is that the expansion is greyed out for me :( :(

Hover your mouse over the greyed out option to expand the stadium, and it'll tell you why you can't! :)

that makes sense :)

what doesn't is that the expansion is greyed out for me :( :(
You are right, it doesn't - and it's a bit of a bugbear of mine.

I like the realism in the game, but personally I feel it is a bit too restrictive when it comes to stadium expansion/moves, especially for smaller clubs.

If the game gives us the ability the make any club successful, I think there should be a matching ability to expand stadia, or build larger new ones - especially for small clubs becoming successful. ok, that might not be "realistic" but then neither is a small club being successful in European competitions.

To be honest, before the start of every new save, I go into the Editor and fiddle with the club's expansion capacity or stadium move (eg., in my West Ham save I moved them into the London Olympic Stadium a couple of seasons in) because of this very reason.

I want to know how they decide the on the maximum expansion capacities, for instance - I don't see why the Emirates is not allowed to be expanded, meaning that you can't get maximum revenue until the year 2033, as you have to wait so long to build a new one :L

Hover your mouse over the greyed out option to expand the stadium, and it'll tell you why you can't! :)

stadium is at the expansion capacity

current capacity is 20.000 (just checked)

?? :(

allright I checked with FMRTE as suggested, and it seems the expansion capacity is set to 20.000 in my game..

I'm kinda screwed this way, in real life it is meant to go a least to 30.000 in the future :(