Neall

AFK
Reaction score
The easiest way to connect to another computer is using Hamachi Download here

The Host and people joining must have the same patch
Once you've downloaded hamachi and installed it, open it up and should look like this :

To create a network for other to join click the network tab

And when you click create a network, this box will pop up and just put in a unique name and password for your network.

Hosting for FM11:

Go to preferences:

then click on the Network tab and Type in a server name but most importantly TICK run as server.

Force continue is optional although I would advise it if more than 1 person is joining your game.
Once that's done just start a new game like normal using any patch you want (as long as the others players have it) and turn hamachi on. The players joining must copy your I.P address to join (will be explained further on).

Joining a game for FM11:

On hamachi instead of creating a network game you have to join an existing network. You have to ask the host what the name & password is.
On FM11 start screen, click Network and you should come to this screen. Then you click join other server in the bottom right hand corner.

The I.P address from hamachi is highlighted on the following image.

hamachi7.jpg

The I.P address at the top of your hamachi window is your I.P address. The I.P address of other players on-line have also been highlited. For example, if cfc123 man utd was host i would type in 5.149.34.229 and I can add a new manager as long as he has done his part correctly.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
Neall

Last edited:
Great guide mate, i have never tried network games myself, although this will massively help others hopefully.

there seems to have been an increase of late of threads asking about this, with not many knowing the answer.

am having problems in joinin the server....says not responding

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

mine says unable to connect...dont knw why

A few people are getting this error and are unable to connect, please first of all ensure both of you are running the same patch, 11.1.1 is different to 11.1 for example.

Even if you are running the same patch and have followed the steps perfectly, some of you still cant connect. SI has changed the net game setup slightly this year and it does appear to have some problems, there is no word on whether a fix will come in Decembers patch or not though.

guys, i did everything d way i used to do in FM10, but it's just not working.... turned off the firewall as well... any suggestions, or silly mistakes i might hv done?

nice one thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

it wont work for me i done everything in the guide?

it wont work for me i done everything in the guide?

A few people are getting this error and are unable to connect, please first of all ensure both of you are running the same patch, 11.1.1 is different to 11.1 for example.

Even if you are running the same patch and have followed the steps perfectly, some of you still cant connect. SI has changed the net game setup slightly this year and it does appear to have some problems, there is no word on whether a fix will come in Decembers patch or not though.

type in the IP address.. nothing happens :mad:

PLS help i have the same problem as above.

?try that

help

Hi i am trying to play with my friend fm11 and i dont know why but i can connect to his game but he cant connect to my game and i have to be the host cause his pc doesnt support being server host ... any suggestions pls ? thx

PC over MAC

Hi guyz, I'm tryna connect an fm game using Hamachi over a pc and a Mac.

we connect the hamachi no problem, but we cant connect to any game, Everything is all set up, run as server, etc etc. we both are nor running any new patches.

Could it be the PC to MAC issue or it should work?

Thank you as i await your replies.

Hi there

I have a Mac , can I connect to another user using a PC. Also how do a connect through hamachi as im struggling to install the proram

thnx Lee