still cant get it to work when i enter the code it just pauses for a few seconds then nothing

Why does anyone bother to use hamachi? Its not faster and its a pain in the a$$....

not really a pain if you follow the simple steps...

Its not required at all to play FM - which is why there is so much confusion in this forum...

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Does the other person need Hamachi as well?

Host can use either as can the guests....

Anyone hosting a game of football manager? i dont mind what league it is in england, itlay, spain i dnt really mind

what about save games? do you just save it? then your friend clicks jon a server game again?

hi everyone. started a network game with a mate no problem at all but now i cant connect to it (he was host) and tried starting a new one me being host but he cant connect either. we both get same, unable to connect to server, after typing in ip adress. any help at all would be brillant!!

A mate and I are trying to set up a network game, we've tried the standard way, we've tried Hamachi and we've tried Tunngle to no avail...

He's set up Port Forwarding for the normal way but I keep getting 'Unable to Connect'...

Same thing happens through Hamachi... (Both tried to host same thing happens).

And through Tunngle we're just unable to see each other in the Football Manager 2011 room.

I've pinged him through CMD and it's fine, I send packets to, and receive packets from his machine fine with no packet loss... However when he pings me it returns request timed out...

So yeah, just wondering if anyone knows what the issue might be?

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Why does anyone bother to use hamachi? Its not faster and its a pain in the a$$....

Because (on previous games) it was easier to use than having to go through setting up a static IP and then port forwarding. Hamachi was just a case of download program, create network, give network name and password to friend and then you could connect.

have you got sorted izzet if not il try and help? the obvious one is that you are both on differant patches. or the host hasnt ticked the run as server box in the preferences. read the guide and if you still struggle pm me

is there any way to add a manager during a game. i had to re install and lost everything....? im not the host and its only a two player game?

you can add a manager at any time. at what stage are you getting stuck? are you back in the same hamachi network as the other player?

Has anyone successfully set this up using a wireless network? We've tried numerous times without Hamachi, but it never, ever works. The IP address for the host game shows the x.x.x.x / x.x.x.x (obviously I've replaced the numbers with an 'x') yet when people try and connect using the three variations (x.x.x.x, x.x.x.x/x.x.x.x and x.x.x.x / x.x.x.x) the message comes up of "Unable to connect to the server." The last one hangs for a moment, like it's attempting to do something, but comes back negative.

Anyone hosting a game that I could just join? New to this whole thing, just wanna try this out for the first time :)

Me and my mate set up an Hamachi server thing. Then he went to preferences did all that etc. Then what does he do, start a new career with any team he wants and just wait at the very first bit with the new messages in the inbox?
Then where abouts do I join? On the main menu where it says 'Join a network game' or something or do I go to 'Start a new game' and select 'Join network game'? And when I have to type in an address do I ask for his Hamachi IP Address above his name on Hamachi?

Thanks

yes he starts a new game as normal. he needs to make sure the run as server box is ticked. also he needs to untick the move matches for tv box to avoid you playing on differant days. then once your both in the same hamachi network you need to go to join network game then type in his hamachi IP which is displayed next to his name. also make sure your both on same patch

Ok, thanks. So he needs to start a career with the team he wants to be and wait at the inbox bit where you get all the first messages?

Ours doesn't work we've done everything on here? :S

Can we keep Hamachi on the whole time, like before we have set up the football manager stuff?

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

We have tried everything it says on here and we have tried swapping hosts and it still doesn't work?

Last edited: