How to keep as much money from transfers out as possible?

benccfc

Reaction score
One of the most annoying feature of FM for me is that when I sell a player, I only get a small percentage of the money. Does anyone know how to retain 100% of income when I sell players?

It all depends on what you accept in the transfer. A small break down:

Transfer Fee: This is the amount you get up front.
Monthly Installment: You will get the amount proposed over the course of the time proposed (for example: you agree to get 1.2m over 12 months, you will get 100k per month.)
Other clauses: as indicated, but could be: Money after amount of appearances (domestic or international) among others.

The trickier part is this: When you have offered your player a contract, he may have asked for a sell on fee. In practice this means the following. You agree in player X his contract that he gets a 10% sell on fee. Imagine that you sell player X for £10M. This means that he will get £1M from the transfer fee. Try and avoid those if you can :).

One more issue might be the following: your player has a release clause of, for example, £20M. A team paying that money might have offered you that money over a 48 month period (monthly installment). This means the offer will still be accepted, but the money will only come in slowly. You will get 5M after each year in this case.

EDIT: I thought of one more obvious thing. Check your finance summary. There you will see how many % of the transfer revenue is made available by the board. This might be less than 100%.

That is all I can think of. I hope it helped and if you knew this, I'm sorry :)

Cheers,
Hirea

It all depends on what you accept in the transfer. A small break down:

Transfer Fee: This is the amount you get up front.
Monthly Installment: You will get the amount proposed over the course of the time proposed (for example: you agree to get 1.2m over 12 months, you will get 100k per month.)
Other clauses: as indicated, but could be: Money after amount of appearances (domestic or international) among others.

The trickier part is this: When you have offered your player a contract, he may have asked for a sell on fee. In practice this means the following. You agree in player X his contract that he gets a 10% sell on fee. Imagine that you sell player X for £10M. This means that he will get £1M from the transfer fee. Try and avoid those if you can :).

One more issue might be the following: your player has a release clause of, for example, £20M. A team paying that money might have offered you that money over a 48 month period (monthly installment). This means the offer will still be accepted, but the money will only come in slowly. You will get 5M after each year in this case.

EDIT: I thought of one more obvious thing. Check your finance summary. There you will see how many % of the transfer revenue is made available by the board. This might be less than 100%.

That is all I can think of. I hope it helped and if you knew this, I'm sorry :)

Cheers,
Hirea

Cheers, I knew the top parts and then saw the edit, will have to look at that, thanks

Alright, hope I could help in one way or another :). Feel free to message me if you have any questions :)

If your on about the % the board lets you keep to reinvest, its in the finances part as hireax said,
That % depends on how financially stable your team are, chances are if your a big club (man city, chelsea) your board will most likely let you keep 100%,
On my ipswich save my board only lets me have 20% of any transfers, i asked for an increase, it went up to 40%, 2 weeks later they dropped it to 25% due to debt levels at the club.
Hope it helps