dannyrefc

Reaction score
hello....

i am making a 4-2-3-1 tactic, and i am always messing about with it and tweaking it,

any advice will help i want a tactic thats solid but creates alot of chances....

the main question is, how do you guys know when your tactics working what do you look for ? i go by stats : possesion shots scoring chances ..... anything else i should look for

clear cut chances is what i look for
if you create plenty your bound to win the majority
also i look at the no.oppopsiton shots
third would be possesion, at home i would like to be up in th 60's% and away i would still like to be in the 50's%
but obviously results come first

Id go for mainly form, how many games you win in a row. Some tactics dont dominate possession or shots but perform well such as mine which can be seen here.

For advice click the link thread on my sig and look at the subtitle Tactics.
Theres a few useful threads there to help make your tactic work well :)

Agree that CCC is the most important of the tactic.If your tactic are creating 4+ Ccc every match then it's fair to say that you've created a good tactic. Especially if most of those CCC are one on one with the goalkeeper.

I won't care with possession at all. What's the point of having 75% possession if you have 0 chance?

I look at things slightly more intangible: movement, position, the potential to get into areas. Bare stats can only tell you so much.

I always like to look at possession, shot on target for me and opponent, passing % for each player and of cause the result..

I would always be happy to see 60%++ possession and at least a 15+ shots on target...

I look at things slightly more intangible: movement, position, the potential to get into areas. Bare stats can only tell you so much.

some of us may not be as pro as this haha, (me), could you give us an idea on how you analys this, what is good movement etc... :)

I always like to look at possession, shot on target for me and opponent, passing % for each player and of cause the result..

I would always be happy to see 60%++ possession and at least a 15+ shots on target...

That one might not always be a good indicator. Say, I am trying to develop a counter-attacking tactic.
Possession and shots on goal are bound to be lesser than.

Take Leicester City for example this season. They have around the worst pass completion rate in the whole league.