How to leave Club without being hated

Reaction score
I'm getting bored of Arsenal, have been with them for 6 years and have just won the prem again, but only because the other teams are awful.

The club is in 'Huge Financial Trouble' and my transfer budget is basically 'Whatever you sell, you get 1/10 of'

I'm a 'World-Class' manager right now and the only other manager that is world class in the world is Carlo Ancelotti who is at Man City.

How can I leave the Club without being hated? As in, if I 'Declare Interest in Job' and I don't get it, I'm stuck at a club where no-one likes me.

Should I just take the first job I'm offered?

i usually quit my job if i want to go for another so it dont happen, always save before tho incase i dont get it so i can carry on at the club im at :)

I think just walking will be the only way, but you will be hated anyway for getting the club in financial trouble :p

Stay at Arsenal until a decent job becomes available, or resign and declare interest in jobs you would like.

Arsenal are one of the most financially sound clubs around, how did you run them into such massive trouble? They have great youth prospects and a young team so it's not like top class signings are going to be needed either.

Arsenal are one of the most financially sound clubs around, how did you run them into such massive trouble? They have great youth prospects and a young team so it's not like top class signings are going to be needed either.

I bought lots of star players. BUT I never exceeded my budget. I sold a lot of players to earn my money. In my first season I sold half the first team (Almunia, Mannone, Bendtner, Diaby, Squillaci, the list goes on) and replaced them with a couple of decent players and a few loan signings and I won the treble.

Recently my season starts with 'Winner - £960k budget' and the media keeps saying 'ARSENAL CRISIS' etc etc.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

If I resign, will I get decent offers?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I agree with the others, you need to resign

In my Second Season they gave me £50m so I splashed out!

You are the second best manager in the world, if the right job comes along then yes. If you can't be bothered retire and create a new manager.

You are the second best manager in the world, if the right job comes along then yes. If you can't be bothered retire and create a new manager.

Ok, Will do. Retiring at the end of the season.

Financial trouble is due to:

Lots of Transfers
Massive Wage budget to keep Fabregas and Van Persie etc.
Board still has stadium loan

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Ok, Man City want to sack Ancelloti soon, but uh... they're quite low down the league. If I get a good Transfer budget I will take the job, but they have a lot less money now.

Thanks for your help guys.

Let your contract run done then leave
the fans will still love you

How did you let Arsenal get so badly in debt? Surely you must of noticed your wages?

You don't sound world class to me:S

Declare interest on a club you want to be or resign.

just out of curiousity why did you sign jasskelainen??? if you had steklenburg and all the keepers at arsenal