How to make a Inside Forward more deadly

huh, never looked at it that way, will take a look at barca over the next few weeks. Which raises a question FM wise, should inside forward have Forwards Runs set to often in FM, as it often means they are up against the fullback very often, why not mixed runs, to find that bit of space a little deeper to turn at and run at the back line?

Don't think Villa's playing like that for Barca atm, I think he's their main striker (as much as you can have a main striker for a formation like Barca's) with Pedro playing as a true inside forward on the left, rather than Villa's semi-striker position.

Interesting theory, which might improve a "high winger". I'll have to try and have a look at that one.

1st thing-what is tiki-taka?
2nd- robinho and villa are like a trequartista in the wings but cutting inside i think

1st thing-what is tiki-taka?
2nd- robinho and villa are like a trequartista in the wings but cutting inside i think

Tiki-Taka is a term used to describe the Spanish National Team recently, due to their tap-tap-tap style of quick passing.

Trequartistas aren't really Robinho or Villa. Robinho and Villa are strikers playing high up on the wing, Trequartistas are central players that drift around and dictate play like Riquelme.

huh, never looked at it that way, will take a look at barca over the next few weeks. Which raises a question FM wise, should inside forward have Forwards Runs set to often in FM, as it often means they are up against the fullback very often, why not mixed runs, to find that bit of space a little deeper to turn at and run at the back line?

that might work

Tiki-Taka is a term used to describe the Spanish National Team recently, due to their tap-tap-tap style of quick passing.

Trequartistas aren't really Robinho or Villa. Robinho and Villa are strikers playing high up on the wing, Trequartistas are central players that drift around and dictate play like Riquelme.

ok thank you but i still think that they are like trequartistas because they have a extremely high fredom of creating chances but they are shelfish so i think that they have an extremely attacking mentalitie and they cut inside to do long shots like hulk does

ok thank you but i still think that they are like trequartistas because they have a extremely high fredom of creating chances but they are shelfish so i think that they have an extremely attacking mentalitie and they cut inside to do long shots like hulk does

They don't create, though, which is the main job of a trequartista. Also, they tend to stick to their position and make specific movements: Recieve the ball up against the fullback, then turn and knock it past him, cutting inside. Trequartistas are languid, graceful playmakers rather than pacey strikers.

Think Ronaldinho when thinking about TQ lazy players defensively Tiki-taka is high pressing get the ball back fast its all about keeping the ball i only use TQ when i have a good attacking player you has low stamina and natural fitness they focus on attacking the rest of the team do the leg work

Think Ronaldinho when thinking about TQ lazy players defensively Tiki-taka is high pressing get the ball back fast its all about keeping the ball i only use TQ when i have a good attacking player you has low stamina and natural fitness they focus on attacking the rest of the team do the leg work
i am not saying like that i am saying that they attack like one but they defend with high pressing and tempo

i am not saying like that i am saying that they attack like one but they defend with high pressing and tempo

Inside forward with attacking mentality you could change it to TQ settings but leave the closing down setting ?

the third is the best for me with iniesta opening on the right

Spain=Barça there isn't much diference it is like Portugal in 2004 it was porto team and in the final scolari put the benfica team and we lost

charisteas you son of a *****

Spain=Barça there isn't much diference it is like Portugal in 2004 it was porto team and in the final scolari put the benfica team and we lost

charisteas you son of a *****

Spain and Barca do play them just the formation different Spain is usually a 4-2-1-3 and Barca is a 4-5-1/4-3-3 to me Messi and Villa (for spain) are the same but i just cant seem the get the person in that position scoring goals like they do IRL

Last edited:
preferred moves
Cut Inside, Move Into Channels, Avoid Using Weaker Foot, Place Shots Into The Corner

preferred moves that isnt good
Hug The Touchline, Dribbling Down The Left/Right Flank

STC - support duty so he can assist.

Last edited:
Interesting topic as I'm also looking to improve my inside forwards. My problem is when they receive ball from MC/ AMC they tend to beat their man and shooting straight to the goal, usually miss the net or saved by the keeper.This happen a lot because most inside forward have **** finishing (hazard,lennon,afellay,nani)

What I want is after beating their men, they put a short,low cross to my main striker for an easy tap in.I've change their duty to support but still no success

You need to give BOTH your Inside Forwards (Messi, Villa, C.Ronaldo, etc) RUN THROUGH CENTER, as well as CUT INSIDE, RUN WITH BALL OFTEN, LIKES TO BEAT OPPONENT, GETS INTO OPPOSITION AREA.

Taking Run Through Center on/off made a DRASTIC difference. With only "Cut Inside" checked, the do more of a horizontal cut to the inside. With "Cut Inside" AND "Run Through Center" they cut inside, then run AT/TOWARDS the opposition.

Don't believe me? Train them or just edit using FMRTE.