How to make a monthly profit!

• Thread starter Thread starter saulabbiss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 11K

saulabbiss

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any tips or link to a page which can help me to make a monthly profit for my club.

I am in the champions league with woking ;) 2035 and I am spending 1.175mil per week on wages, i am currently 6mil in debt which i know isnt a lot but this was 80mil before i sold all my best players so the chairman didn't need to take out another loan as already have a couple i have a loan debt of 20m.

My stadium is 38,000 seated think this may be making a bit of a difference as i am filling it to capacity every week.

I do not wish to sell anymore players as my squad is quite light anyone got any tips??

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or link to a page which can help me to make a monthly profit for my club.

I am in the champions league with woking ;) 2035 and I am spending 1.175mil per week on wages, i am currently 6mil in debt which i know isnt a lot but this was 80mil before i sold all my best players so the chairman didn't need to take out another loan as already have a couple i have a loan debt of 20m.

My stadium is 38,000 seated think this may be making a bit of a difference as i am filling it to capacity every week.

I do not wish to sell anymore players as my squad is quite light anyone got any tips??

To be honest this smacks of closing the gate after the horse has bolted. You still need to cut wages or lose players, and then rely on TV money and success to make a yearly profit.

Move all your spare transfer budget (the stuff you are not going to use) into your wage budget so you make more monthly interest. Another tip is 3 days before your first competitive match move all your wage budget into the transfer budget so you have to pay out less in squad bonuses. If you have a massive rep pester your board for a merchandising feeder club as they will increase your merchandising income. Offer your players out over 48 months monthly installments as it is then more attractive to other clubs therefore it is easier to sell your players at a higher price and the money comes in the times when you are making a loss to help counter the money the loan debt is sucking out of you.
If you want anymore tips use this thread http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/53869-tips-making-profit.html The text in bold is not on the thread I have left a hyperlink for. Everyone else on here is right and you need a new stadium but I'm just giving you ways to make a profit without affecting performances.

Last edited:
Your wage bill is too high for a 38k seater stadium to support. Still, you should be able to make yearly profits from TV/CL revenues, which is all that matters. I have a 950k wage bill and 38k stadium with Villarreal and turnover £20m+ profits every year easily.

You are not going to be making weekly profit, but you can make a yearly one with good runs in all comps

Move all your spare transfer budget (the stuff you are not going to use) into your wage budget so you make more monthly interest. Another tip is 3 days before your first competitive match move all your wage budget into the transfer budget so you have to pay out less in squad bonuses. If you have a massive rep pester your board for a merchandising feeder club as they will increase your merchandising income. Offer your players out over 48 months monthly installments as it is then more attractive to other clubs therefore it is easier to sell your players at a higher price and the money comes in the times when you are making a loss to help counter the money the loan debt is sucking out of you.

awesome cheers will try this :)

Your wage bill is too high for a 38k seater stadium to support. Still, you should be able to make yearly profits from TV/CL revenues, which is all that matters. I have a 950k wage bill and 38k stadium with Villarreal and turnover £20m+ profits every year easily.

so would you recomend increasing stadium size or reducing wage bill?

Both if possible, but given your state a stadium is increase is unlikely. But focus on a yearly profit for now.

Increase stadium size, don't go crazy on transfers - try and bring through your own/cheap regens rather than splashing transfer money which you could use on infrastructure. Your wage budget isn't unreasonable for a top club. Do you make annual profits?

Both if possible, but given your state a stadium is increase is unlikely. But focus on a yearly profit for now.

cool will do, i am thinking maybe trying to give players an increase in appearance money and decrease in weekly salary so they dont get paid so much for not getting played what do you think?

Increase stadium size, don't go crazy on transfers - try and bring through your own/cheap regens rather than splashing transfer money which you could use on infrastructure. Your wage budget isn't unreasonable for a top club. Do you make annual profits?

I made an annual profit last season purely down to 80mil profit of transfers otherwise think i would have made a 40mil loss

I made an annual profit last season purely down to 80mil profit of transfers otherwise think i would have made a 40mil loss

Should probably reduce wages somewhere for short term relief. Got any ageing players who aren't as good anymore but still on high wages? Try replacing them with younger players on rotation who are cheaper.

got 1 or 2 but just sold most of my older players i have a 22 year old that has received 40m bids last two summer transfer windows but i chose to reject them as think i might still be able to get the same price in 3 years time when i have used him a bit more and as i sold the better players in my team didnt want to destroy the squad in one window!

What did you win last season? Where did you get in the CL? Do you have money to expand your stadium? Will your chairman do it anyway? But as Mike said, it's closing the gate when the horse has bolted, proper financial planning happens years in advance, there is no quick fix unfortunately.

Glad to help, I mean we should all be entitled to money making tips that you can pull off in the game.

hahah yeah i know man! i am usually pretty tight on this game ;) love making loads of money just as much fun in that as bringing through regens and winning league titles :)

What did you win last season? Where did you get in the CL? Do you have money to expand your stadium? Will your chairman do it anyway? But as Mike said, it's closing the gate when the horse has bolted, proper financial planning happens years in advance, there is no quick fix unfortunately.

I won Prem, Fa cup and then shield, club world champ and super cup.

got to first knockout round in CL lost to madrid on away goals :'( but i won it the year before!

i have -6mil bank balance so assuming i don't have the money to expand the stadium but havent asked as thought this could do my finances some damage??

Should probably reduce wages somewhere for short term relief. Got any ageing players who aren't as good anymore but still on high wages? Try replacing them with younger players on rotation who are cheaper.

have u got any ideas as to what i can do other than sell players because i am losing 5mil per month and i think even with prize money and TV revenue come the end of the season i am going to make a major loss! If selling players is the only way to do it then i will do that!

Back