How to make a profit as premiership team?

MJJC

Reaction score
Currently I am Spurs in the first season and every month I am generating millions of pounds of losses. I was wondering if there is any ways to turn this around apart from selling players with high wages and winning competitions. Any help would be appreciated! If this a duplicate thread feel free to close it!

Pretty much answered your own question. You'll make a profit comes the summer when you get the money for where you finish in the league plus the tv money. You can try arrange a few high profile games in preseason as well of create tournament with some big teams that could bring in a few million. Apart from that, their isn't a lot you can do. Trim the fat in the squad. Are you making monthly payments on transfers or anything like that?

Pretty much answered your own question. You'll make a profit comes the summer when you get the money for where you finish in the league plus the tv money. You can try arrange a few high profile games in preseason as well of create tournament with some big teams that could bring in a few million. Apart from that, their isn't a lot you can do. Trim the fat in the squad. Are you making monthly payments on transfers or anything like that?

Alright mate thanks a lot and I don't beleive I am

View attachment 314079

manage player contracts. i do not allow players wages higher than £35k. any player asking wages higher than this will be sold. players coming through youth academy usually play for low fees, so focus on your youth player rather than buying old players for hefty prices. i have a world class player who plays for £11k, another youth player who's valued £22m but on a contract of £6k.

merchandise club. get two or three of these in different continents. possibly USA, asia and middle east asia.

increase stadium capacity, through this you should be able to get higher gate receipts which should help your monthly balance. obviously during the first few months of season you should have positive balance through ticket sales.

play well to attract better sponsorship.

Last edited:
It's difficult with a top team as the wages u have to pay for top teams are so high.if you're successful u will make money over the season with prize money and tv rights.I try to keep wages tight and sell players for abit of cash upfront and monthly installments and buy players outright.I think for spurs it's difficult until you get a new stadium but then you will be paying a loan.I wouldn't worry about it to much unless you are goin awol with signings and wages.the only teams I manage to make monthly profit are the small teams in the premiership and not signing high profile players.

I did the same with Milan kept it to 50k and under had very good success and made a lot of money , it's possibly the best way I had 1.6mill spare in wages and 80odd million still in funds buy and play young on long contracts with no wage rise and be successful and sell players over 48months for big money

any time you sell a player sell them for at least double their value or more on top if you can.

To save money on defenders contracts give them a high goal bonus but a lower salary and app fee