How to make a profit

Hooo

Reaction score
Hi. I am currently in my 7th season as Arsenal without being sacked or resigning, so I have been loyal.

Anyway, each month unless I sell players constantly I make a loss. I understand this is to do with the bank loans Arsenal start with, I think around 2 million a month until 2030.

However, I really need to start making a profit. I have not been able to expand my stadium as the council always deny permission. I have a balance right now of around 100 million and am trying to get a big enough balance to get a new stadium built to try improve my profit/loss.

Anyway, are there any other ways of making more profit than expenditure such as feeder clubs? (I've tried asking for commercial links, however recently my board have told me there are no suitable clubs).

-----
Profit - Last Month
-----
Gate Receipts - £2,243,005
Season Tickets - £0
TV Revenue - £2,485,219
Mechandising - £5,703,604
Players Sold - £39,043,776
Prize Money - £3,500,000
Investments - £0
Interest - £200,000
Sponsership - £0
Match Day Income £500,000
Grants - £1,500
Other - £17,000

-----------
Expenditure - Last Month
-----------
Wages - £8,445,230
Non Football Costs - £2,500,000
Bonuses - £500,000
Signing on Fees - £2,000,000
Dividents - £0
Players Bought - £7,200,000
Ground Maintenance - £1,000,000
Loan Repayments - £2,000,000
Tax - £4,000,000
Other - £400,000
Match Day Expenses - £500,000
Renewal Signing on Fees - £500,000

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
lower players wages, and staff wages, say you have someone like alumunia, quality keeper, but as he gets older, reduce his wages.... um youths you don't want or need, sell them off, even if its on a free transfer, because thats wage cut down again, wages at arsenal take alot of money from the club at the endof the season. um apart from that, sell your stars that are getting old before they are worth nothing, and bring in class youngsters

I do not keep players over 30. My oldest player is Fabregas and I get rid of people very commonly. Anybody on my reserves making more than £3,000 gets the boot if I don't plan on ever playing him.

Every player in my first team has a good reason for being there so it's rather hard to cut down on my squad if I want to continue winning things =[.

Hold on a second :) Losing money every month isn't necessarily a bad thing - providing that you are not losing money by the end of the season. Football clubs get substantial amounts of their annual budget at the start of the season (season tickets, sponsorship deals etc) and the end (prize money). So you've got to do a bit more math to figure out whether there's a problem.

You say you have 100 million in the bank. That doesn't suggest any problem to me to be honest. Other than the ways you've already mentioned, you can reduce the wage bill by accepting loan agreements for players (loaning club paying substantial portions of their wages of course) and by trying to get your players to accept performance related pay (lower weekly wage, higher bonuses - not always a good plan though!).

That's a fair point Zebedee. I believe after the year minus any spending or recieving fee's from player transfers I do indeed make a profit. I have won the league 6 times in the last 7 seasons so i'm guessing it comes from there.

Thank you for easing my concern! :)