Status
Not open for further replies.

FM10Spurs

Banned
Reaction score
-Ever get bored of the same old surnames and first names coming up in your regens?

-Do you want to add you and your mates to the game without using the editor?

-Want to create a players son without having to wait for him to spawn as a regen?

Well now you can!

To add your own regen or regens, then you must have a copy of Notepad on your computer. Open Notepad and type the following with your own information:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "A" "B" "C" "DD-MM-YYYY" "Y" "Z"
Replace A with the first name of the player you want to add in
Replace B with the common of the player you want to add in
Replace C with the surname name of the player you want to add in
DD is the day he was born, MM is the month and YYYY is the year. So, if he was born 26th July 1997 you would put 26-07-1997
Replace Y with the nationality of the player you want to add in
Replace Z with the favourite club of the player you want to add in

An example of a correct regen adding would be:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Joshua" "Joshua Creighton" "Creighton" "22-04-1992" "English" "Tottenham Hotspurs"

Which would bring a player into the game whose full name is Joshua Creighton, whose common name (nickname) is Joshua Creighton, who is born on the 26th of July 1993, who is English and whose favorite club is Tottenham Hotspurs.

From here, what you need to do is:
Save the file with .edt at the end of it.
Copy the files to whatever database you plan to use in the game. For example, if you are using an edited database on Windows then the place to put these files will be in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\db\DATABASE_NAME. Then for EDT and DDT files go to the edt folder and put them in there. For LNC files continue on to the lnc folder and then to the all folder and place them in there.
If you are using one of the official databases then they will go in the directory where Football Manager is installed. For Steam users it will be in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\tools\football manager 2010\data\db\1000 (or 900, depending). Then follow as above in point 4 to place them in the relevant folder depending on the type of file you are creating. For non-Steam users the location is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000 (Or 900 depending).
If you are using official updated databases that came with the patches then the location is slightly different again. When you get to the Football Manager 2010 directory above, then go to the updates folder and choose your latest update or whatever one you want and then go to the db folder and continue as above.
Remember, for every new database you use, you need to make sure that the files are in the relevant folder in that particular database.
The final step to using the files in the game is before actually creating a new game but after choosing the database you want to use, you need to go into preferences and then into extra files. Tick the files that you want to apply in the game you are going to create.

What club will they appear at?

Normally, they will appear at the favourite club of the player but this is not guarenteed. They can appear at any club on the game, so you should just search for them using the search filter. The chances of them appearing at their favoured club are higher than the chances of them appearing at a random club in the game.

Hope this helped!!!

From asking how to make a regen to telling us in 5 minutes is pretty impressive.

Copy & paste?

From asking how to make a regen to telling us in 5 minutes is pretty impressive.

Copy & paste?
Actually it was in like half an hour.

But I tried it and it really works!!!

And no I didn't copy and paste, they had step by step instructions, and that was lame so I put it like this!

And no I didn't copy and paste, they had step by step instructions, and that was lame so I put it like this!

Can you show us a screenie please?

Can you show us a screenie please?
Sure

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Strange that he did not end up at spurs,

I did not use my real name.
I used some fake one.

Sure

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Strange that he did not end up at spurs,

I did not use my real name.
I used some fake one.

coincidence?

coincidence?
?

You try and it might work then.

The less rep, the better chance he will appear on your team, e.g. if you are Real Madrid he prob wont be there, but if you are at St. Albans, he should!

'quote- Save the file with .edt at the end of it.' -it isnt there for me :(

your big paragraph hurts my eyes way more than step by step

Hmm.. don't think it's a good idea to insult the mods after what's happened recently.

If someone can try this out and give positive feedback, I'd say well done. But I'm not gonna waste my time with this if it doesn't work.

-Ever get bored of the same old surnames and first names coming up in your regens?

-Do you want to add you and your mates to the game without using the editor?

-Want to create a players son without having to wait for him to spawn as a regen?

Well now you can!

To add your own regen or regens, then you must have a copy of Notepad on your computer. Open Notepad and type the following with your own information:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "A" "B" "C" "DD-MM-YYYY" "Y" "Z"
Replace A with the first name of the player you want to add in
Replace B with the common of the player you want to add in
Replace C with the surname name of the player you want to add in
DD is the day he was born, MM is the month and YYYY is the year. So, if he was born 26th July 1997 you would put 26-07-1997
Replace Y with the nationality of the player you want to add in
Replace Z with the favourite club of the player you want to add in

An example of a correct regen adding would be:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Joshua" "Joshua Creighton" "Creighton" "22-04-1992" "English" "Tottenham Hotspurs"

Which would bring a player into the game whose full name is Joshua Creighton, whose common name (nickname) is Joshua Creighton, who is born on the 26th of July 1993, who is English and whose favorite club is Tottenham Hotspurs.

From here, what you need to do is:
Save the file with .edt at the end of it.
Copy the files to whatever database you plan to use in the game. For example, if you are using an edited database on Windows then the place to put these files will be in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\db\DATABASE_NAME. Then for EDT and DDT files go to the edt folder and put them in there. For LNC files continue on to the lnc folder and then to the all folder and place them in there.
If you are using one of the official databases then they will go in the directory where Football Manager is installed. For Steam users it will be in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\tools\football manager 2010\data\db\1000 (or 900, depending). Then follow as above in point 4 to place them in the relevant folder depending on the type of file you are creating. For non-Steam users the location is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000 (Or 900 depending).
If you are using official updated databases that came with the patches then the location is slightly different again. When you get to the Football Manager 2010 directory above, then go to the updates folder and choose your latest update or whatever one you want and then go to the db folder and continue as above.
Remember, for every new database you use, you need to make sure that the files are in the relevant folder in that particular database.
The final step to using the files in the game is before actually creating a new game but after choosing the database you want to use, you need to go into preferences and then into extra files. Tick the files that you want to apply in the game you are going to create.

What club will they appear at?

Normally, they will appear at the favourite club of the player but this is not guarenteed. They can appear at any club on the game, so you should just search for them using the search filter. The chances of them appearing at their favoured club are higher than the chances of them appearing at a random club in the game.

Hope this helped!!!
Not working for me,
Cant seem to see the file in extra files, saved it as a edt. Also what are DDT LNC files on about...?

i don't get it either, i don't think we will. the guy is banned

Good.

Apparently, if you put "FUTURE_REGEN" "Joshua" "Joshua Creighton" "Creighton" "22-04-1992" "English" "Tottenham Hotspurs", but change the details for your benefit, you will get that regen in the game. Or something.

Knew it wouldn't work.

There is no club actually called Tottenham Hotspurs. Its Tottenham Hotspur. There is no S on the end.

I laughed when he called Jake a no0b.

Anyway on topic I think its a load of rubbish. It seems it hasnt worked for anyone other than him.

LOL what a ****. Step by step video..? Nah :S

hmmm as he n00bed me (ban) and it doesnt work, AND he stole the idea, ill close this now :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.