ramie

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to re-create Messi in fm16 but it's not really working. He just doesn't play how he should or does IRL.

At the moment I have him set up as an AP - A in the AMR position. I have given him PI: Roam from position and close down much less and ease off. But he just does dribble or produce much magic.

My system is a typical barca set up. 4-5-1 that has been both very fluid and structured but both haven't really improved Messi.

Any ideas?

Try inside forward run with ball more often and shoot more often, free role

The IF role gets him goals but it's not really how he plays. The IF doesn't really assist either and this is a hallmark of Messi's game. Also, I don't think he shoots often. A wide Treq would be perfect but that is not available. IRL he starts out wide and picks up the ball deep, but if you look his heatmap he ends up on the toes of Saurez up front and very central. Finding that hard to recreate.

Last edited:
The IF role gets him goals but it's not really how he plays. The IF doesn't really assist either and this is a hallmark of Messi's game. Also, I don't think he shoots often. A wide Treq would be perfect but that is not available. IRL he starts out wide and picks up the ball deep, but if you look his heatmap he ends up on the toes of Saurez up front and very central. Finding that hard to recreate.

Messi shoots a **** of a lot!

I use a wide midfielder in RM position, that guy gets double figures in goals and assists. He does have a lot of added instuctions which I cant remember right now though. He's world player of the year etc but I'd guarantee Messi has higher attributes

Messi shoots a **** of a lot!

I use a wide midfielder in RM position, that guy gets double figures in goals and assists. He does have a lot of added instuctions which I cant remember right now though. He's world player of the year etc but I'd guarantee Messi has higher attributes

yeah I have been thinking about that role. It's very customisable. I just wish si would introduce a few more roles like that.

I might try the wm role.

yeah I have been thinking about that role. It's very customisable. I just wish si would introduce a few more roles like that.

I might try the wm role.

It's weird how the WM scores and assists loads more than any inside forward I've used but that could be down to the extra instructions.

Give it a go and see how he does

What is your reputation like? If it's being low it's possible you can't reach him because he doesn't respect you enough (yet)

What is your reputation like? If it's being low it's possible you can't reach him because he doesn't respect you enough (yet)

My rep is the highest I believe. Just hard to recreate him in FM

Messi is a godly football player,
not even FM can recreate his achievements,

Since FM2008 - now,
whenever I subscribe Barcelona team for Messi and Real Madrid for Ronaldo,
they never scores a lot , often scoring about 10-20 goals in a season,
but somehow they still win Ballon D'Or so often,

Hi I found this problem out aswell. I was using a 4-3-3 with him on the right and he just wasn't roaming enough and if the ball went down the left he was getting left behind play so a have moved him up to a stcr as a treq and Suarez is stc and attacking wise it's going great just trying to work out a way to keep the right back attacking but also give him more protection. He's involved so much more and is scoring also assisting.