How to make my backup GK realise he is rubbish?

Patrick123

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm having a bit of a problem with my backup goalkeeper. Since he isn't as good as my goalkeeper in the starting XI he sits on the bench usually. After a while he got upset and demanded to play some matches. I say sure and let him start a couple of games. In 3 games he conceeds 8 goals. For comparison, my usual goalkeeper only conceeded 10 goals in 19 games! Is there a way to make him realise he doesn't get to start games because he is about as good a keeper as a drunk penguin?

Sell him to Accrington Stanley.

What squad status did he sign on for? If you said he was first team then ofc he will get upset if hes not playing

But if hes set to backup and still wining id just sell him, cause if he aint that good he should be easy to replace

Just sell him. I usually sign free agents as my backup keepers and sell them when they start complaining and before they have an affect on the rest of the team. And then sign another free agent.

I have thought about selling him, but he is a legend in the club. It would be like selling Giggs or Terry! I mean, sure, you can do it, but you would wake up with e horsehead in your bed every morning.

He is also a backup according to is contract aswell. He hasn't affected the rest of squad yet and this has been going on for almost 2 season now so i think I'm in the clear.

I have thought about selling him, but he is a legend in the club. It would be like selling Giggs or Terry! I mean, sure, you can do it, but you would wake up with e horsehead in your bed every morning.

He is also a backup according to is contract aswell. He hasn't affected the rest of squad yet and this has been going on for almost 2 season now so i think I'm in the clear.

Well maybe if you sell your club legend u will scare the **** out of anyone else who's thinking of crying

Or you could let your players walk all over you (i dont know you might enjoy it) :p

1) Give him new contract
2) After he accepts his contract, scold him harshly
3) Wait till he requests transfer
4) Transfer list him and put him in your U19 squad
5) Decline every club who wants to buy him.

Make him suffer!!! (6)(6)(6)

I have a special training schedule called Punishment for the whining players whose attitudes I don't care for. The goal of this training regimen is to injure the player (maximum fitness, no skillwork)--I also try to play them in the reserves (and if possible the youth team) as much as possible so that they're hurt. They don't complain about not playing when they're injured.
My favorite time to do this is actually after they've been signed by another team but are out of the transfer window so I get to cripple them before they leave.

Yeah, it's vindictive of me, but this is a frustrating game.

I have a special training schedule called Punishment for the whining players whose attitudes I don't care for. The goal of this training regimen is to injure the player (maximum fitness, no skillwork)--I also try to play them in the reserves (and if possible the youth team) as much as possible so that they're hurt. They don't complain about not playing when they're injured.
My favorite time to do this is actually after they've been signed by another team but are out of the transfer window so I get to cripple them before they leave.

dude........... I'm gonna try that now on lukaku, I just sold him to Chelsea for 12 mil

<) lmao, that's awesome! fancy sending me it or uploading it?

Haha, I sold Giggs and Scholes after my first season at United. Was not a good idea.

<) lmao, that's awesome! fancy sending me it or uploading it?

Punitive Schedule:

Set Strength and Aerobic to maximum, then set a skill that they will never need to maximum, and you're done. So if it's a non GK, use one of the GK settings as high as it will go. And if they are a GK, then set, say, Attacking as high as it will go.

This insures the player will be worn out all the time. Also, have them work on a new, completely unrelated position as well as some useless individual training.

The last time I used this on a player he tore his cruciates ligaments about 2 weeks before he left. I had a good laugh on that one.

1) Offer a contract with salary £1 p/w
2) After he rejects,offer mutual termination
3) Then list him and offer him
4) Put him in reserves
5) Make a special schedule as mentioned above for him
6) Use the press to make him realise that he is ****

That is ******* quality XD