Reaction score
View attachment 374900View attachment 374901
Hi, I recently spent a huge amount of money on this left-sided regen (£68million). I know I overspent, but I had a huge amount left in my budget and no other positions that really needed improving.

Anyway, as you can probably see from his recent average ratings, he's been a bit underwhelming thus far. I'm only about 10 Premiership games (and a games in the Community Shield, Super Cup, and Champions League) into the season so he's probably not fully settled (but he did play in England for 6 months prior to joining me), but he is invariably my worst player. His average rating is marginally above 7, which doesn't sound terrible, but it's brought up a lot by the occasional game where I hammer a bottom half of the table team and he chips in with a goal or an assist or two. In the tough games, however, he simply doesn't perform, with his recent 5.5 rating in a 1-0 loss to United leaving me pretty frustrated.

I'd usually give it more time, but I had Neymar (who cost me nearly as much) playing as an inside forward for 2 seasons and he too failed to live up to expectations, which is making me worry that there's perhaps an underlying problem in my system stifling my left-sided players.

I originally had my regen playing as an inside-forward, attacking, but after 7-8 underwhelming games, I switched him to a winger-attack, which was considered to be one of his best roles, yet still he fails to play well.

I've posted up his stats and my current formation, and am just wondering if anyone can see any ways to try and get him to improve his level of performance? Or should I just remain patient and hope he hits a purple patch.

Any advice would be appreciated.

What are the ppm he has.Gotze should be playing on the left .Why not tell them to swap positions during match.

Thanks for the response!

Forgive my ignorance, but what does ppm mean?

And Gotze plays better on the left? Interesting - I'd always assumed that since he was 'accomplished' in both left and right wing, he'd be okay on the right.

That's an interesting idea about swapping, particularly as it will allow Viator to cut in on his stronger foot, but would the fact that he's only seemingly comfortable down the left not hinder his ability to perform down the right when he switches with Gotze?

His prefered moves.He should have cut inside and knock the ball past his opponent.I would put him on training for the new position.

Thankyou very much for the advice! For some reason, I had it in my head that he was left-footed, which probably explains why he's been playing so poorly as a winger!

His preferred moves are 'Tries Killer Ball Often' and he already has knock past opponent. I've set his player instructions to 'cut inside' on 'wideplay' - do you reckon that will be sufficient, or should I retrain him so it's one of his preferred moves.

Also, took your advice and have him switching with Gotze, which should be interesting!

Thanks again.

You should try to improve his flair, off the ball, finishing and decision making attributes. These are main attributes of a inside forward. I think he will play well as a left midfielder.