How to make the game more enjoyable?

bafana17

Reaction score
Outside the transfer window, it just seems to be a little repetitive. Obviously i'm not utilizing the game enough, and it's my own fault. It just seems like im going through the motions, just playing game after game. What else should i be doing in between games? Tactically wise I don't really think im going in depth enough, and that could be the problem, and in return am not getting the consistent results i would like. How do can i study the opponents pre game? Just really struggling to get into any game atm.

any advice?

cheers.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...raikan007s-fm13-tactical-guide-beginners.html

hey bud, are you from SA?

"going through the motions" was quite often a factor on Fm12... press space bar and off you go with an exploiting tactic at your disposal etc..

however, Fm13 is a lot better and more in depth.. you have to really "manage" your club and squad..

if you feel that you are just going through the motions, why not start a new save and make it a challenge.. I assume you are playing with a really good squad?

Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply.

Haha ja im from Durban originally, i take it you are from SA too?

I've tried a few different challenges. Tried Man U, and actually did alright tactically, but was just a little boring. Tried the unemployment challenge, as I had great fun with it in previous versions. But I guess as it's a lot harder this year, ive had less success, and in return less fun with it. Also even tried managing in S.A, with the Chiefs, and did horribly haha. Longest game I have had on fm13 was managing the South African National team. Just not sure where to go from now tbh

Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply.

Haha ja im from Durban originally, i take it you are from SA too?

I've tried a few different challenges. Tried Man U, and actually did alright tactically, but was just a little boring. Tried the unemployment challenge, as I had great fun with it in previous versions. But I guess as it's a lot harder this year, ive had less success, and in return less fun with it. Also even tried managing in S.A, with the Chiefs, and did horribly haha. Longest game I have had on fm13 was managing the South African National team. Just not sure where to go from now tbh

I live in Durban :p

the game is much harder this year, well harder for some who are used to "plug and play" like Fm11 and Fm12 and most of the other earlier versions, read this:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ison-fm12-please-read-before-complaining.html

I have been on holiday since the 14th December, only got back today, so have not played for over a month and am still playing as United, my first and only save so far on Fm13, only starting 4th season now..

you really have to study opponents and exploit their weaknesses..

for eg: I just played Real in the ECL final, I did a scout report on them and saw that against similiar rated teams they have only scored 7 goals, conceded 6 goals against a 433 tactic (which mine is and was)
I beat them 3:1.. but if I never looked and then lost 4:0 you would think the game is **** and too hard, but if you had to look you would probably see that the formation you used was the one that they do the best against etc..

View attachment 300453

mind games are important to, especially opposition defenders..

I just finished my 3rd season:

View attachment 300449View attachment 300450View attachment 300451View attachment 300452

the next game for me is a much harder one, but am waiting for the new patch to come out with the Jan updates.. so will play this to get back into FM and unlock a few more achievements :)

good luck

Man, that's awesome how you are able to stick to one save, and see it through. Hopefully ill find one to stick too.

I will probably give United another go. You seem to be a master of them, that '14 season table is crazy dude.

I have also read your guide, and it's extremely helpful. I will try and focus more on the opposition each game, and try and study them, imagine it will be a lot more rewarding winning that way. And in return, ill have a long lasting game.

Appreciate the help mate,

Oh and what do you think of our chances come the Afcon cup in a few days? I live in New Zealand now, so it's hard to keep track.

A nice thing to do is don't let much of your stafff do things and do them yourselves.
And what keeps me in a safe is. Developing young players into stars. Someday my players will win the ballon d ore!
And winning a treble etc. Set the bar high for yourself that keeps me in a save.

Man, that's awesome how you are able to stick to one save, and see it through. Hopefully ill find one to stick too.

I will probably give United another go. You seem to be a master of them, that '14 season table is crazy dude.

I have also read your guide, and it's extremely helpful. I will try and focus more on the opposition each game, and try and study them, imagine it will be a lot more rewarding winning that way. And in return, ill have a long lasting game.

Appreciate the help mate,

Oh and what do you think of our chances come the Afcon cup in a few days? I live in New Zealand now, so it's hard to keep track.

its a pleasure mate, good luck :)

we don't stand much of a chance, we could make it out of the group stages though..

I do not watch PSL at all mate, nor do I watch Bafana, however, I might watch a few games this AFCON..