How to make your team play at least 94 games a season...

jb_0792

Reaction score
Right, I was playing my Bilbao save and last season, my keeper made over 65 appearances in all competitions, so I was wondering, what is the maximum games a team could play, theoretically, in one season?

Well, here's my answer.

To start off, pick an English team which starts in the Champions League.

Season 1: Win Champions League, Get relegated to the nPower Championship.

Season 2: Win Champions League (you'll qualify through being reigning champions), win FA Cup and get relegated to nPower League 1.

Season 3: You should now be in the following competitions - nPower League 1, League Cup, FA Cup, Johnstone's Paint Trophy, Community Shield, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Championship.

Which means you'll play the following amount of games should you reach the final of all competitions, take every FA Cup game to a replay and reach the playoff final in the league:

46 league games
3 playoff games
6 League Cup games
14 FA Cup games
7 Johnstone's Paint Trophy games
13 Champions League games
1 Community Shield game
1 Euro Super Cup game
3 Club World Cup games

Meaning a possible total of 94 games over the course of a season.

Can anyone think of any scenarios where your team would play more than 94 games a season?

"Win Champions League, Get relegated to the nPower Championship."

If your team is good enough to win the Champions League, you'll find it hard to get relegated into the Championship.

Keeping the players you need to win the CL when you're playing in the Npower League 1 might be a bit difficult... Impossible.

Keeping the players you need to win the CL when you're playing in the Npower League 1 might be a bit difficult... Impossible.

All of this is hypothetical. I'm just saying, it's a scenario where you'd be playing a very high amount of games. You'd probably have to do a bit of cheating to actually pull it off.