insanity

Reaction score
Wall of text, but please try to help.

Hey guys I am currently taking my own challenge to manage Roma after Luis Enrique is sacked and put some imaginary extra challenges like keep the team with as much as possible Italian players and young also, develop players from the reserves and youth, develop my own regens and etc. The team does not look bad after Enrique's sacking, however I was missing Bojan, Kjaer, Gago and Borini (the last 2 I bought back). I also bought Bochetti, Grandolfo and Destro.

The team looks really strong on paper and I am using some old of my own tactics that had success with in Seria A, however we are really struggling. I am standing on 10th place in Seria A, in the winter period and I can't just see any solution to improve drastically. I even did a team meeting saying to players not to drop heads, after 2 loses to Fiorentina and Napoli, but instead of reacting well, the team leaders, Totti and De Rossi, said that they are satisfied with the way the team is playing and from the current achievements. On top of that we are 30 millions down financially, although I have around 16 millions transfer money to spend.

In the long term I think I will handle the situation, however the board is about to sack me if I do not improve and reach EU League slot at least (6th place).

I have no clue what to do in the short term. The morale looks good, i've got some injures but noting really that can not be replaced, the players got avarage of 6.80 to 7.20 rating. I have managed Roma around 5 times until now and I have never been in such a situation. Any suggestions how to improve and make the team win?

Team Meeting, possibly saying in a Presser that you expect to lose (that sometimes motivates the team to prove you wrong), and hope you catch a break and win 2 in a row, and that one of them is a team that should stomp you. Beating a bigger team is always an instant morale and form booster.

Thanks, mate. I actually followed your media talk advice and I won one against Sampdoria and draw against Juve (away) and Inter (home). I forgot that my team has players with a huge determination and it is good to challenge them. Lets see if I can keep the good run. Any other advises would be also appreciated.