How To: Play a Network Game

Hamachi for Mac help

Having trouble installing hamachi for mac. Download it and unzip the file but there is no .dmg file to install the application. Can anyone advise?

not sure if there is a mac version tbh.

google it or have a look on the official hamachi site

'You can right click their username and click “Ping” and they can do the same with you, this is a simple way of checking if you are connectable. If people pinging you get “Ping timed out” then your firewall may be blocking Hamachi.'

i tryed pinging lol, and it come up with the time out thing can anyone help me please

Are you behind a firewall?

Are you the only one whos having trouble connecting to the game?

I have a problem that yous might be able to help with

Me and my friends want to play a game together and can get in no bother.

But we want to change a couple of things around on the database so people get less and more money.

Is this possible to do and if so how. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a problem that yous might be able to help with

Me and my friends want to play a game together and can get in no bother.

But we want to change a couple of things around on the database so people get less and more money.

Is this possible to do and if so how. Any help would be greatly appreciated

its best for one of you to edit the database before hand and then give a copy to the other person. Also make sure you both untick move matches for tv so theres less waiting around.

its best for one of you to edit the database before hand and then give a copy to the other person. Also make sure you both untick move matches for tv so theres less waiting around.

OK thanks a lot :)
how would i go about sending the database to my friends sorry for the stupid questions first time using.

put it on a usb or something, providing you dont live on the otherside of the world. or put it on rapidshare and give him the link.

OK no problem seams like a but to much hassle i will just leave it as it is:)

NO NO NO

If its a net game the only person who needs the db is the host, so just one of you will need to edit their db

me and my mate wanna play a game
he has done the data editor on wa we want to do
i cant pick up his server ?
and it isnt giving him an i.p
is there any other way we can play eachother
he done the ditor coz i cant find mine :s any1 no were to get it

NO NO NO

If its a net game the only person who needs the db is the host, so just one of you will need to edit their db

Right so all i have to do is edit the database and they will all have the changes that i have made?

'You can right click their username and click “Ping” and they can do the same with you, this is a simple way of checking if you are connectable. If people pinging you get “Ping timed out” then your firewall may be blocking Hamachi.'

i tryed pinging lol, and it come up with the time out thing can anyone help me please

i have the same problem when i ping. i can join the network game and play but after about 5 minutes i lose connection to the game. im not behind a firewall either

Right so all i have to do is edit the database and they will all have the changes that i have made?

Correct, as long as you are the host and youve created the game with the DB you edited

How would I play against my friend in a head to head game? Eg. If he is managing Barcelona and I am Man Utd. Do we have to be in the same league?

Emmm its the same principle as real life :p

Teams could play each other if they are in the same competition as each other eg league, champions league etc or they could arrange and meet in a friendly at any time during the season or pre season

I created a database with two created teams and put them both in the Premiership. My friend joined the game and it said my team's name was Dravograd (?) and it kept coming up on his screen; "Unrecoginised record in unpack routine" Can anyone shed any light on this?

Both me and my mate are connected to the same hamachi network, we have both set up a network game but neither of us are able to see each others ip address when we go to join game??
:S

Both me and my mate are connected to the same hamachi network, we have both set up a network game but neither of us are able to see each others ip address when we go to join game??
:S

One of you has to host the game and the other join via their hamachi IP address...

One of you has to host the game and the other join via their hamachi IP address...
Im not sure i understand...im going to outline step by step exactly what i have done and hopefully someone will be able to point out where im going wrong:
1) Installed hamachi and created a network.
2) My friend installed hamachi and joined my network by typing in the password. We are fully able to ping each other and chat to each other via hamachi at this point.
3) I start up fm09 and in 'my preferences' ensure that 'run as server' is ticked. I go to new game within network and load up database, set up profile and select team etc. The game is set up at this point on the 1st day, i havnt continued yet.
4) My friend who is connected to my hamachi network and using the same 9.1 version as i am starts up fm09 and goes to network. Nothing shows on the 'local server' list even when he refreshes the list??

Can anyone shed some light as to where i might be going wrong??:S