How To: Play a Network Game

Ive downloaded hamachai and ive added a few groups i can see their ip adress it lets me copy it n wen i paste it in2 join existing user on football manager 09 it say unuble to connect any ideas ? and do i need 2 start a new game before i add exisiting groups ?

hii, im new to this forum and in need of help, i have set up a network game with hamachi but i have a huge problem, i get my friends to join and firstly they have no manager name? just new server client or something. And also they have no team, how can they get a team (such as liverpool). Thanks!

the same problem with me :(

my first post on fmbase so be kind lol

right, i have downloaded hamachi, got my ip address thing created network name and password

me and my freind want to play against eachother the big question is does HE need to download hamachi too??

i clicked on network game on fm'10 a minute ago and typed in my address and it says something along lines of unable to connect server..

help very much appreciated please guys

Hi me and my mate are really struggling to start a network game we have both downloaded hamachi.I am the host and have created a game but we cant find each other at all through ip address or network name.I dont know if I am behind a firewall.Can you help please

cheers jay

Hi this is my first post, I've just really started to get interested about playing a network game. Been playing football manager and championship manager for over 10 years but never knew how to play or set up a network game. I've downlaoded Hamachi 1.0.2.5 from filehippo.com a few days ago and tonday I tried to start it for the first time and it say's my premium trial has ended and redirects me to a site to pay $199 for the year!! I thought someone said it was free??

Hi Gregor,

I’m having trouble setting up a network game with my friends on FM2012. There’s 4 of us, 2 of us are Mac users and 2 of us are PC users. I have followed all the possible online manuals to no avail. We all have Hamachi installed and I have created a network on Hamachi where everyone has joined successfully. However, when it comes to loading up FM setting up the network game and my friends using the Hamachi IP address, they still are unable to join.

In some of the online manuals they say to make sure certain things are the same on which I have mentioned below:

· They say that the patch has to be the same on all of our FM 2012 games. How do we do that and is that necessary?
· They say that we have all have to open new ports which are the same on all our computers? Again is this necessary and as 2 of us are Mac users I fear if we’re able to open new ports they won’t be the same on all our computers.
· Lastly is this a case of Mac vs PC and we are unable to connect to each other because Macs have different networking rules to PC’s?

I would really appreciate any advice/solution on this matter.

Thanks,
V

Hi,

I’m having trouble setting up a network game with my friends on FM2012. There’s 4 of us, 2 of us are Mac users and 2 of us are PC users. I have followed all the possible online manuals to no avail. We all have Hamachi installed and I have created a network on Hamachi where everyone has joined successfully. However, when it comes to loading up FM setting up the network game and my friends using the Hamachi IP address, they still are unable to join.

In some of the online manuals they say to make sure certain things are the same on which I have mentioned below:

· They say that the patch has to be the same on all of our FM 2012 games. How do we do that and is that necessary?
· They say that we have all have to open new ports which are the same on all our computers? Again is this necessary and as 2 of us are Mac users I fear if we’re able to open new ports they won’t be the same on all our computers.
· Lastly is this a case of Mac vs PC and we are unable to connect to each other because Macs have different networking rules to PC’s?

I would really appreciate any advice/solution on this matter.

Thanks,
V

ive done all of that and i am trying to join my friends game and it say unable to join