How to play Football Manager on PC with X Box controller?

pepinho

Reaction score
Hi Guys - I was just wondering if it was possible to play Football Manager 2011 on the PC with an X Box controller and if so how (configure it in FM setting etc). I play Pro Evo on the laptop with the X Box controller and hook it up to my plasma tv, so I was just wondering whether I could do it with FM. Thanks in advance guys.

dont really see why you would want to:S

Because I wan't to view it on my 50 inch plasma tv, much better when playing pro evo. Just wondering if it was possible with FM as the controller does not seem to respond at all with it. Any ideas anyone?

Well can't you plug your PC into your TV like I do :)

So far your comment to mentions of plasma screen tv ratio is 1:1, nice going there.

I imagine if you just connect a laptop up to a tv with a HDMI cable it'd be on screen. God knows why you'd want to use an Xbox controller for it though.

Well can't you plug your PC into your TV like I do :)

yeah that is no problem, got it hooked up with a dvi to hdmi cable - no issue with the picture. Just wondering if it was possible to play FM with an Xbox controller or if you can only play it using the keyboard?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

So far your comment to mentions of plasma screen tv ratio is 1:1, nice going there.

I imagine if you just connect a laptop up to a tv with a HDMI cable it'd be on screen. God knows why you'd want to use an Xbox controller for it though.

Don't know what your first sentence means. Well I would like to use the controller, because then I could play on a much bigger screen just using the controller whilst looking at the TV - rather than having to look down at and still use the keyboard which would kill the full effect of utilizing the conncetion to the 50 inch screen thus the controller question.

Last edited:
yeah that is no problem, got it hooked up with a dvi to hdmi cable - no issue with the picture. Just wondering if it was possible to play FM with an Xbox controller or if you can only play it using the keyboard?

but why would you want to play FM with an xbox controller? Keyboard + mouse is so much easier!

You should be able to do it with a PS3 pad but you need to plug it in your PC with the USB and install some software.

Not sure about XBOX though. :S

you have to look down at your keyboard? Why do you even use your keyboard for FM?

Okay, but if you look down to type, you won't miss anything if you are typing in their names, and if you really have a problem with having to look at your keyboard, take a typing class :)

otherwise this topic is just silly.

Okay, but if you look down to type, you won't miss anything if you are typing in their names, and if you really have a problem with having to look at your keyboard, take a typing class :)

otherwise this topic is just silly.

Mate you don't need to act smart and I really don't understand why this topic is silly - all I am asking is can you use a controller instead of the keyboard becuase personally I would feel more comfortable layin back on the couch just with the controller lookin at the tv as opposed to still using the keyboard.

It isn't a big issue and i don't need to take a typin class, I just thought I would ask some advice on an issue which I was unsure about and which would make my FM playing experience better. Crikey, no need for the arrogant attitude.

If FM worked perfectly with Xbox controllers, it would have been released for consoles. Clearly it doesn't, so I think you'd be hassling yourself less by having to look down at the keyboard than trying to play with a limited range of buttons. If you want your FM experience to be better, stick with the keyboard option.

controller is officially the silliest idea ive ever heard for playing FM XD

i dont even use my keyboard, i play fm windowed on my big screen and use the on screen keyboard, there your looking down problem is solved too! lol.

controller...what the **** is happening to the world? :)

You asked this question on yahoo answers too I see.

I wouldn't imagine FM 2011 comes with native xbox 360 controller, if it did it would most likely brandish a Games For Windows banner on the case (controller support is main requirement). You would have to get some mapping software like XKCD or xpadder and bind the relevant functions to each button, but I wouldn't imagine this would work out too well (both in terms of function and in terms of the game playing). I'd suggest getting a wireless mouse and just using that on the armrest or your lap, and, if you really don't want to type, use an on-screen keyboard.

You asked this question on yahoo answers too I see.

I wouldn't imagine FM 2011 comes with native xbox 360 controller, if it did it would most likely brandish a Games For Windows banner on the case (controller support is main requirement). You would have to get some mapping software like XKCD or xpadder and bind the relevant functions to each button, but I wouldn't imagine this would work out too well (both in terms of function and in terms of the game playing). I'd suggest getting a wireless mouse and just using that on the armrest or your lap, and, if you really don't want to type, use an on-screen keyboard.

XBCD, not XKCd, oops

Hi Guys - I was just wondering if it was possible to play Football Manager 2011 on the PC with an X Box controller and if so how (configure it in FM setting etc). I play Pro Evo on the laptop with the X Box controller and hook it up to my plasma tv, so I was just wondering whether I could do it with FM. Thanks in advance guys.

There would be no point using a controller with FM. It would be much more hassle.

Cant you plug a qwerty keyboard in to your XBOX controller? if so wouldn't be a bad idea to be honest.