How to play Messi most effectively in FM2013?

Reaction score
I've bought Messi in my second season (didn't think it could be done).

And i'm struggling to play him to the best of his abilities.

Normally I play a 4-2-3-1

I've also got Cavani from Season 1.

Wat team are you... and how on earth did you manage to get him. if so hes effective on as an AMC trequista as **** just literally dribble past everyone. wont score as much. if u want him to score. play him as a poacher. will score a shiteload.

I'm Arsenal but I won the quad in my first season. My stature went straight up and he reluctantly agreed.

I understand some might not believe me but I took a screenshot if anyone wants to see.

I gave him money I effectively didn't have over time and he agreed.

And thanks, i'll try trequartista.

Aint seen him ever leave in season 2, not saying ur cheating, just aint seen it happen, even if ur man city an u win everything 1st season he aint interested

I'm Arsenal but I won the quad in my first season. My stature went straight up and he reluctantly agreed.

I understand some might not believe me but I took a screenshot if anyone wants to see.

Did you give 450K a week? lol. Please post the screenie. Anyway, Play him as a Treq as Dilakh mentioned and play Cavani as a DLF.

ok cool, but how did u manage to agree wages? he on almost 300k a week at barca, an i aint ever seen him agree terms without gettin help from board on transfer

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/882971585441169372/E8964C43FA5D0DF321D437A9D15889098B77B3B8/

And I got him to agree wages by putting almost all my budget on wages so I could offer as much as I could, gave him a huge player of the year bonus, round 240k and 5% wage increase per year.

The little green icon in the top right hand corner of the screen implies YOUR CHEATING by adding manager
Hasn't been that great up till december to be honest.

I'm hoping it's because he hasn't settled yet.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/882971585441169372/E8964C43FA5D0DF321D437A9D15889098B77B3B8/

And I got him to agree wages by putting almost all my budget on wages so I could offer as much as I could, gave him a huge player of the year bonus, round 240k and 5% wage increase per year.

Hasn't been that great up till december to be honest.

I'm hoping it's because he hasn't settled yet.

the little green icon in the top right hand side of the screen implies YOUR CHEATING by adding manager

literally impossible to sign him second season, or any season infact, unless he is in the twilight of his career. also dont you think all those wages are going to kill your clubs finances my god... youll go bankrupt mate.

I'm playing with a friend, it's an online game, hence the other manager. I honestly couldn't care less if people didn't believe me but I did sign him legitimately. And yeah I know i'll likely go bankrupt haha, but I'm winning loads and hopefully i'll bring in enough to justify it.

i wont play him as a treq because i think the trequartista position is primarily a creative role and that wont utilize him to his full potential. i would play him as an inside forward(amc) on attack.

What does it matter even if he did cheat? It's his game to play how he wants.

To tap into Messi's full potential he really needs to be a false nine, supplemented by quick inside forwards making direct runs. It can be difficult to achieve in FM but by no means is it impossible.

play him as a complete striker he will score loads i got him to score over 40 goals in the first season in the league in totall 60 goals in all comps as a complete striker

How to get the best out of Messi? Simple, put him on the pitch..

What does it matter even if he did cheat? It's his game to play how he wants.

To tap into Messi's full potential he really needs to be a false nine, supplemented by quick inside forwards making direct runs. It can be difficult to achieve in FM but by no means is it impossible.

i didnt say he-she is right or wrong to cheat, their game they can play how they want. but what i do find annoying is people claiming they havent cheated when clearly they have. if someone wants to add manager an sign the best players in the world, because that helps them enjoy their game, fair play, just dont lie about it.

Back