How to play Messi most effectively in FM2013?

I'm playing with a friend, it's an online game, hence the other manager. I honestly couldn't care less if people didn't believe me but I did sign him legitimately. And yeah I know i'll likely go bankrupt haha, but I'm winning loads and hopefully i'll bring in enough to justify it.

Was your friend by any change managing Barcelona at the time, was he a rather generous friend too?

Was your friend by any change managing Barcelona at the time, was he a rather generous friend too?
this is really relating to the original question... well done for being so helpful!
I would use messi as an AMC try raikan dortmund tactic and put him in the AMC* position :)

I just got him now for 230m as Man City in my 2nd season. I won everything and hammered his team in the ECC, and I touted him some for about 3 weeks and he respected me. I got 100m from the board at the end of the season, I sold some players - Nasri (50m), Toure (70m), Dzeko (35m), and a few others so I got a bunch of money and my team pretty much didn't need these players with the other players I had purchased at the start and middle of season - thiago, isco, sterling, varane, sandro, bale, thomas muller, alaba. None of this was done with cheating either as I just put a lot on future payments! Haha I abused that bad boy sheikh and he keeps topping up my kitty hahaha!

I was able to get so many players with all these future payments and I even did so with Messi however hes on a bloudy 600k pw contract, not to mention the 100k appearance fee which is gonna cost me around 4m at the end of the season and the loyalty bonus of 20m over 5 years. But the sheikh will save me there along with all the money from winnings and selling off players. So it's all good seeing as my other players that I have currently are all around the 150k mark.

With regards to playing messi is gonna be sitting as amr primarily as thats where I am the weakest and backup amc/stc as required. My whole team is fast and playing with a 4-2-2-1 tactic, and I built it around the midfield rather than the striker although Aguero and Lukaku are simply amazing and I have stars in them for the next 5 years as well. Overall Messi is there for total rick rolling as I had all the money in the kitty and I was like who the heck am I gonna bother buying with 260m sitting here... Definitely not enough regens in one season for that much... Baahahaha!

It is definitely possible to sign messi. I signed him in first season for Chelsea. Offered 45mil upfront and 120mil over 48months. He accepted 300k per week. loyalty bonus was bout 5mil and agent fee also 5mil. signed till 2017.

Back