Reaction score
Hi guys, firstly I had a look around and there was no designated thread for FM11 on how to create a forward line out of your players. Ill attempt to go into as much detail as possible.

So basically, Ive been finding it very hard to get goals out of my attacking players, only Ronaldo seems to score any, with Neymar getting some tap ins. I have alot of top class players (some free transfers) and I am seriously struggling for help to get my forwards scoring, as struggling to get 1/2-1 wins because I cant get them going.

My forwards at the moment are set up with a lone striker (set to support) and an AM(R)+ AM(L) with two central midfielders on attack to burst into the box and try score, here is my team. I have 2 main strikers which neither seem to do any good.

Strikers: My two strikers are Khouma Babacar (main) and Vaclav Kadlec (back up)

My two attacking midfielders are my most scoring players, but I payed 30+ million on Babacar, and would like him to contribute ><, anyway to my too AM(R)+(L) are

Ronaldo: and Neymar:

Furthermore, 2 of these 3 play attacking central midfielder roles

So I was wondering if anyone would help me in how to set up my attack? I would be grateful!

Last edited:
how to play your attacking players?? maybe attackingly (i know it is not a word but...)??

Im unable to fix the attachments, but I hope its obvious what I'm trying to put accross

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

how to play your attacking players?? maybe attackingly (i know it is not a word but...)??

Its not that simple for me :/

Babacar; Complete Forward -- Attack
Ronaldo; Inside Forward -- Attack
Pastore; Advanced Playmaker -- Support
Neymar; Inside Forward -- Attack // Poacher -- Attack
Paulo Henrique -- Deep Lying Playmaker -- Support (?)

Play Ronaldo on the Left Wing, Pastore in the Centre, Neymar on the right wing.
Babacar lone striker
Wilshere and Paulo Henrique central mid, but to be honest, you need more natural central mids. Wilshere, Pastore and Paulo Henrique will ALL play their best in that attacking midfield role, which won't help your team at all. As for the roles? The only one I'm 100% sure about is Babacar.

Babacar; Complete Forward -- Attack
Ronaldo; Inside Forward -- Attack
Pastore; Advanced Playmaker -- Support
Neymar; Inside Forward -- Attack // Poacher -- Attack
Paulo Henrique -- Deep Lying Playmaker -- Support (?)

Play Ronaldo on the Left Wing, Pastore in the Centre, Neymar on the right wing.
Babacar lone striker
Wilshere and Paulo Henrique central mid, but to be honest, you need more natural central mids. Wilshere, Pastore and Paulo Henrique will ALL play their best in that attacking midfield role, which won't help your team at all. As for the roles? The only one I'm 100% sure about is Babacar.

Should I sell on one of the three attacking players and bring in a more central player?

Out of the three of them, Wilshere doesn't seem to be at the same standard as Ganso and Pastore. But, you can get them to be natural at MC by training them for that position and constantly playing them in the MC slot =]

Out of the three of them, Wilshere doesn't seem to be at the same standard as Ganso and Pastore. But, you can get them to be natural at MC by training them for that position and constantly playing them in the MC slot =]

Thanks mate. Very grateful!

Play Ronaldo, Neymar and Babacar as a flat front 3, all in the center forward position.

Play Babacar in the middle and set him to Target Man-Support. Play Ronaldo on the left and Neymar on the right and set them both to complete forward-attack.

For the center midfield play a diamond with a true anchor man. I don't know if you have one, if you don't-get one. Then play Pastore in center midfield as a central midfielder-support. Play Ganso along side him as an advanced playmaker-support.

Ive used this tactic with alot of the same players you have and its done very well. I have Babacar, Neymar and Hulk up front. Then have Pastore and Hamsik as my center midfielders. So its alot of the same players and Ganso and Ronaldo are probably better players than Hamsik and Hulk anyway so it should work well for you.

ganso and pastore - advanced playmaker attack, best on attacking mid side.
never doubt it

Play Ronaldo, Neymar and Babacar as a flat front 3, all in the center forward position.

Play Babacar in the middle and set him to Target Man-Support. Play Ronaldo on the left and Neymar on the right and set them both to complete forward-attack.

For the center midfield play a diamond with a true anchor man. I don't know if you have one, if you don't-get one. Then play Pastore in center midfield as a central midfielder-support. Play Ganso along side him as an advanced playmaker-support.

Ive used this tactic with alot of the same players you have and its done very well. I have Babacar, Neymar and Hulk up front. Then have Pastore and Hamsik as my center midfielders. So its alot of the same players and Ganso and Ronaldo are probably better players than Hamsik and Hulk anyway so it should work well for you.

Ill give this a go, I have Miguel Veloso as an anchor at the moment!