How to play this !@#$% Chelsea?!

Friss

Reaction score
Hello.
I've been playing 2 careers in fm 2016 with Chelsea, and both sucked. I think that should be really easy to deal with a team like CFC, but it isnt! I can beat City 3-2 on Etihad, and then lose 3-0 on stamford to Viktoria Pilzno etc etc... I didnt even manage to get out of the Champions League group in my second career, i've been in group with Galata, Shakhtar and Kaa Gent xD My first tactic is 4-2-3-1, second 4-1-2-3. In both i set "Control". In commands i have for example shorter passes, more discipline, passes to free space, keeping players closer to opponents etc.
What's going wrong? Im 3rd in a table in december with a loss 12 points to leading Arsenal, they beat me already twice lol. In a Champions league as i said i didnt manage to get out of the group. What's going wrong? :/

Ok, i can post some screenshots, i play polish version, but game build is the same as in english so you should guess what is what, if not i can translate it to you :p
ycQ84jA.png

As you can see its september but my career is quite ****. I lose to Gent in champions league, im 8th in BPL. In my first career everything was quite similar, i didnt manage to get out of champions league group, i was 4th in bpl with 12 points loss to City.. my player like to dont convert 100% chances to goals, goals for opponents come in many ways.. from wings, from the passes thats go by my defenders backs etc etc. My players plays with their best roles. I dunno really whats going on, i've never been mastermind in FM, so i didnt like to play with low teams, i wanna enjoy the game so i wanted to have easy career with chelsea but thats that not going well. Help me :/

Last edited:
HPY98pJ.png

also sorry for putting one screen to one post but i couldnt put many to one post lol

I can't read Polish so it's not easy to get an overview of your tactic without comparing it with an English version... might do that later. Still, the roles need translating.

It looks like you don't have a holding midfielder (defend duty player) so that's the first issue. You'll be leaving the 2 defenders all on their own when you attack/have the ball. Even if you do change that, your left flank is very attacking and the only midfielder staying back will need to cover there, meaning you have a massive gap in front of the defence.

You also have 12 instructions, which is a lot. Can you explain the tactic and why you've chosen the roles, duties, mentality and instructions?

Its all wrong. Too attacking with all caution to the wind.

The two "cms" should be on defend (one at least) and both should hold position. If you keep the fullbacks on such an attacking mentality consider having the deepest one as a HB. Otherwise id have him as anchorman or dlp/defend. The other one should be dlp support or cm defend depending on your defence set up.

Not sure about the mentality (more needed) etc or the attack set up ...

Diego Costa plays as Deffensive Striker support, Hazard Winger attack, Willian Winger support, Pedro Raumdauter, Oscar Attacking Midfielder Attack. Cesc is Deep Lying Playmeker, Matic deffensive midfielder.

A really high tempo short-passing game is a challenge to create. You are asking your players to consistently make really fast decisions. Chelsea have some players who will pull that off but many who won't. That means they turn the ball over and sometimes in bad positions. You are playing a really high line with John Terry - that seems suicidal by itself. Also, using really short passing means you need always ensure your players have valid options. You have 4 attacking players who are always very high up the pitch - the ball has to get up to them. They aren't coming back to help out (which is defensively limiting). Without really good movement from your two midfielders and fullbacks, you are probably passing amongst the defenders a lot.

I would like to make Hazard my best player, he should provide many assist and goals.
Thank you for pointing my mistakes so far, i will not make them in my next career.

Also - in which line i should put Cesc & Matic? In that where now is Cesc or in Matic's line? If i put them more deep Cesc couldnt be Deep Lying Playmaker and if i put them higher Matic couldnt be typical Deffensive Midfielder, hmm :S

Witaj, chciałem Ci pomóc więc zacząłem Chelsea i zrobiłem taktykę opierającą się mniej więcej na stylu CFC z poprzedniego mistrzowskiego sezonu. Myślę, że ustawienie Hazarda w ten sposób (+ te indywidualne polecenia) pozwoli mu osiągać dobre staty.

View attachment 185139View attachment 185138View attachment 185136

Do pobrania jeśli chcesz: Zippyshare.com - 4231chelsea_7FD87F7B-2BDA-427B-BCB2-B4B0A92CACA3.fmf

+ tak dla ułatwienia Ci polecam przed sezonem grać minimum 6 sparingów i trenować zgranie zespołu + taktyke w ten sposób jak na screenie: View attachment 185137 To przyśpieszy wzrost stopnia znajomości taktyki.
A podczas sezonu to już jak uważasz.