coolbobo1

Reaction score
Hi,
I made a database with the editor , but I don't know how to play with it.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Ok. Lets start with basics. When you create and save database with the editor, you'll get .xml or .dbc file in your ( by default) documents/SI/FM14/editor data. In this folder, editor data, will be your created file. Also, if you download any other database, you need to place it also in documents/SI/FM14/editor data. Be careful, sometimes database is zipped or winrared, so you need to extract them. Best way to extract them is to download win rar or 7zip, install it if needed and then right click on downloaded database and choose 'extract here to 'name of the folder''. You will need to open that folder and copy ( or cut, or move) it to documents/SI/FM14/editor data. So if you just place .zip/.rar file or folder in documents/SI/FM14/editor data, it won't work.

Second step is to open your Football Manager, start new game and there, if you placed your database correctly, you'll get pop up window with some options like this:
2fwhJ5M.png

Choose custom and then click on edit like presented on picture above.

After that, you'll get loading screen and thats perfectly normal. Then you'll get this:

View attachment 456013

There you'll find the name of the database you placed in 'editor data'. Choose it and click on OK/Confirm. And that's it. If its custom or new league, on next screen, when choosing leagues, you'll need to find that league and 'check' it. If the league has yellow exclamation mark, then your database is not correct, it's not good and there was mistake during its creation.

Maybe I should make this as a thread?

Also, pictures were taken from Prodo.

Then you didn't do something correct. Either you didn't make DB (check the path in documents/si/fm14/editor data) and if its there in 'editor data' then everything is fine. If not, go to documents and check if there's tho SI folder. If there are, then copy DB (database) from first si/fm14/editor data folder to second. If there's isn't one, then you simply didn't save or you somehow deleted the file. Also, there's another possibility. Go to FM > preferences and check ( i can recall correct name or path to it, so you'll need to search it, but it's on first page) and you'll see down right some path similar to mine (documents/si...). Press edit and please copy/paste it here so I can see if it's bad.

Oh yeah I got it , I had two SI folders in my documents , and only in one I had my DB.
I put the DB in the other and it worked.
Thanks!

Not an answer but another question I'm afarid

Is it possible to play an online game with 5 people with a heavily edited database?