How to prevent so many yellow cards?

Jackmancer

Reaction score
It's kinda funny, some players of me are unhappy about the lack of discipline in the team - some of them even have been catching a lot of yellow cards themselves ;p

But apart from "stay on feet" how do I prevent so many yellow cards? I'm with Man Utd btw - I would expect they know how to tackle.

set tackling to Cautious

this is a bug on the game (what version are you running?) some refs are a lot more prone to handing out cards (like in Fifa 11) determine who the ref is and set tackling to cautious if he is in charge!

other than that, there is nothing you can really do mate, it is fixed on the newer patch I think ;)

I haven't been having a problem with lots of yellows TBH. Barrios has actually been getting the most yellows :S
How do you have your defense set up? (Formation, roles, duties, players, marking system, mentalities ect.)

This is my set up.
The whole team is set to zonal and I have one man marking DMC. I use a Nike defense system, which is quite effective. To set this up simply set your players to the following mentalities:
GK: 7
DC (covering): 6
DC: 8
FB: 10
MCd: 9

These values will obviouly change depending on what you have your starting strategy set too. A nike defence also work best with a relatively high defensive line. Your covering defender needs to be rather athletic (good acceleration pace). My formation is a 4-1-2-2-1 Asymmetric and with this I have the least goals conceded so far in the Bundesliga with Dortmund.

Last edited:
Having same problem top of the league unbeaten and all my players are unhappy because discipline in the team what can you do this is going to ruin my run!

Having same problem top of the league unbeaten and all my players are unhappy because discipline in the team what can you do this is going to ruin my run!

Fee the players for the red cards should do the trick.

wait till the next player gets sent off and fine him a weeks wages normally stops players being silly. also make sure your team tactics arent set to agressive if you dont want them, though i always play agressive and tell players to hit opposition players hard.