hickers

Reaction score
Question is in the title i am always man u but i never seem to be able to generate good youth through the academy, it's always the Chelsea's and Liverpool's that get good youth I tried scouting them from another team and signing them young but they never turn out as good as their potential. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you mean the quality of the newgens when they come into your club, I think the only way really is to make sure your youth facilities and youth recruitment are at the highest possible level. Of course with a top club that shouldn't be a problem, so maybe you've just been extremely unlucky...

Improve your facilities and recruitment.

I believe having a good HOYD aswell as good youth coaches may also help, but I'm not 100% sure.

get a HOYD 20 judging player potential and 20 determination. Also improve youth facilities and youth coaching. If it all goes to ***** just replay youth recruitment day. But then you can cost your save a future worldclass regen.

1) Keep facilities up to date, continually upgrade.
2) Insure the U18s and U21s have coaches & physios with stats in the right areas IE: motivating,determination, work with young ect
3) Be picky with clubs you loan players to, don't loan a Wonderkid to a League 2 team with **** facilities.
4) Constantly keep mentoring young players with star 1st teamers.
5) Try to start 1 or 2 in cup games and have 1 or 2 on the bench, I personally during the season often have at least 1 young player on the bench in most games because if I'm up 3-0 with 20min left, I chuck him on.
6) Don't get sucked into buying lots of young players, the more you have the less they will all develop.
7) In general try to get youngsters who have relatively high determination and decent natural fitness.
8) Another thing to keep in mind is getting young players when they are 18 or younger because they can become home/club grown.
9) Get them 1st team football either at Man Utd or somewhere else with good facilities.

I think I do well in every save with youth players, after about 5 seasons I often have many youth team players around the 1st team.

A HOYD with the right mentality - ie resolute/model pro etc certainly helps.

I've found that even with all the best facilities, coaches etc. etc. my team still produces **** youth players. After 4 youth intakes with Arsenal, not 1 that will get near the first team.

Just moved to Southampton, again who have great facilities and staff. They have 1 that will maybe get near the first team...

Chelsea on the other hand produce 1 CB in the first intake who is world class potential and in the England team by 20.

I'm sure it's not weighted in the favour of AI teams, but it sure seems that way sometimes!

I've found that even with all the best facilities, coaches etc. etc. my team still produces **** youth players. After 4 youth intakes with Arsenal, not 1 that will get near the first team.

Just moved to Southampton, again who have great facilities and staff. They have 1 that will maybe get near the first team...

Chelsea on the other hand produce 1 CB in the first intake who is world class potential and in the England team by 20.

I'm sure it's not weighted in the favour of AI teams, but it sure seems that way sometimes!

I've honestly never had an issue with the youth intake, I'm a Man Utd supporter so I often do a Man Utd save on the side and yes it is a bit disappointing when your intake comes in and the best player is 2.5 stars, but it's realistic to only get a star player once every 5 years. In reality, what star youth players have come through the ranks at Man Utd in the past 5 or so years? Januzaj (not even a star yet)? Who else? Most big clubs pay for star players or wonderkids and poach 1 from here, 1 from there & might have a couple in the whole 1st team list that came from the youth team. That poor League 2 club that finally produced their first star in 15 years is poached by one of the big 5.

Some good points there. Also, and I don't think this has been mentioned yet: Star ratings are relative. The ratings for your players, both ability and potential, are based on two things:

1) Your assman's JPA and JPP. He will only judge them as accurately as his attributes allow.
2) The quality of the rest of your squad.

Especially 2) is important, because having a strong squad will make your newgens look weaker in comparison. So if you are at Arsenal or Man Utd and get a youth with 5* potential, that means (the assman thinks) he has the potential to be better than almost all of your current first team players. Which, as Jden86 quite rightly points out, isn't going to happen every year. And a player that has only 2* potential at Arsenal might have 4 or 5* at West Ham.