How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score
How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

Important: When playing the game in the new "classic mode", you can only use tactics made with the Tactic Creator. Also notice that you no longer use "training" the way one did in FM12 so here, there is nothing to download

Step 1

Download the tactic

Step 2

Make sure that the file has the extension “.tac “
If its has .rar or .zip, it means that it’s a compressed file and then you need to use WinR or WinZip

Step 3

Put the file with the extension .tact in here

User / My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2013 / Tactics

If the folder does not exist then just create it your self

Step 4

Go into the Tactics screen. Click the options, then manage Tactics

howto1c.png

CLICK IMPORT

Make sure that you chose the correct folder, in this case the tactics folder. Pick a Tactic and then click Select

howto2f.png

Step 5

Now, you have imported the tactic into your save and not only into the game and can pick it as either a starting tactic or a backuptactic.

Step 6

Have some Cheese and if being as I am, an adult, some really good wine. Put your feet up and enjoy the best game so far in the FM series.

Last edited:
Hmm...not sure about that. Stilton cheese and Port is far more enjoyable lol

Wonder why they got rid of the ability to share normal tactics? For me it was a huge part of playing the game

Wonder why they got rid of the ability to share normal tactics? For me it was a huge part of playing the game

You still can, just classic mode is a much simpler and faster way to play the game as compared to the normal mode. So it just sticks with the tactics creator because it basically walks you through everything in about 10 seconds and requires no real work to get what you want from it.

Also TBH you spelt Adult wrong in step 6.

when i download tactics it doesnt work, i tried a couple from last year which were from last years game. they were TAC files as well. so should have worked, when i try and load them it says this file cant be imported or something. has everyone else been able to import tactics ok or just me. any ideas?

When you started this save, why option did you chose ? Was it....

- Football Manager ( in the first beta called Career mode) or was in Football Manager classic ?

see what you mean. it was the career mode, i tried using it in the challenge section as well but it didnt work

see what you mean. it was the career mode, i tried using it in the challenge section as well but it didnt work

Then I have no idea. Is this happening to all files ? And you have not altered the extension your self without unpacking à rarfile ?

Then I have no idea. Is this happening to all files ? And you have not altered the extension your self without unpacking à rarfile ?

no havent done that the files i used were already TAC ones, have you been able to load tactics from last years game, hopefully it will fix itself on friday

no havent done that the files i used were already TAC ones, have you been able to load tactics from last years game, hopefully it will fix itself on friday

Yes, without any problem. And you are not using à different skin ?

How do you create a destination yourself? Downloaded tactics and used winrar to unzip them but when I try to export files there is no tactics folder. Should one be created whenever you create and save a tactic in game?

How do you create a destination yourself? Downloaded tactics and used winrar to unzip them but when I try to export files there is no tactics folder. Should one be created whenever you create and save a tactic in game?

Yes :). Or you can just add à folder