TheBetterHalf

Patient Moderator
Reaction score

How to put Downloaded Tactics into the game

Step 1

Download the tactic

Step 2

Make sure that the file has the extension “.tac “
If its has .rar or .zip, it means that it’s a compressed file and then you need to use WinR or WinZip

Step 3

Put the file with the extension .tact in here

User / My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2012 / Tactics

If the folder does not exist then just create it your self

Step 4

Go into the Tactics screen. Click the options, then manage Tactics

howto1c.png

CLICK IMPORT

Make sure that you chose the correct folder, in this case the tactics folder. Pick a Tactic and then click Select

howto2f.png

Step 5

Now, you have imported the tactic into your save and not only into the game and can pick it as either a starting tactic or a backuptactic.

Step 6

Have some Cheese and if being as I am, an adault, some really good wine. Put your feet up and enjoy the best game so far in the FM series.

How to put Downloaded Training Schedules into the game

Step 1.

Download the Training Schedule

Step 2.

Make sure that the file has the extension “.tsh “
If its has .rar or .zip, it means that it’s a compressed file and then you need to use

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm or http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

Step 3.

Put the file with the extension .tsh in here

User / My Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2012 / Schedules

If the folder does not exist then just create it your self

Step 4

Go into the Training screen. Click Schedules, Manage Schedules, Import. Then click on the schedule and click select

Step 5

Now, you have imported the tactic into your save and not only into the game

Step 6

Have some more Cheese and if still being as I am, an adault, some slightly cheaper wine. Put your feet up and enjoy the best game so far in the FM series. Oh, and remember, trainig means absolutely nothing if the players dont play matches, are unmotivated or just being lazy bastards.

Last edited:
i am doing the exact same thing you did but i can't seem to find the tactic when i press on manage tactics :s any ideas?
View attachment 217904
as you can see those are all tactics made by me and the tectic i downloaded isnt there

i am doing the exact same thing you did but i can't seem to find the tactic when i press on manage tactics :s any ideas?
View attachment 217904
as you can see those are all tactics made by me and the tectic i downloaded isnt there

Are you Sure its the correct extension ? Have to clicked IMPORT and selected the map?

Last edited:
I have problems with the ".rar" bit on the file. How can I make it a ".tac" one please? I have no idea what I need to download for it. Thanks :)

I have problems with the ".rar" bit on the file. How can I make it a ".tac" one please? I have no idea what I need to download for it. Thanks :)
You extract the file with winrar (you can get a free version just google it) and extract to C:\Users\BarkerForEngland\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\tactics

But the links are in the OP, where you read about the extensions. Just click it !

how do i create a new file for football manager as i do not have schedules for my training,help please??

I followed the instructions on how to download training schedules but when i came to import it, the file was there but the messgae "this file could not be imported" came up and i wasnt able to get the schedules

I followed the instructions on how to download training schedules but when i came to import it, the file was there but the messgae "this file could not be imported" came up and i wasnt able to get the schedules

I saw your posts in Raikans thread. Have you used " Winrar" to uncompres the file. The link to where this program is found is the opening post of this thread. If the extension is " rar", then download Winrar and install it. Then double clink the schedule and unpack it

I saw your posts in Raikans thread. Have you used " Winrar" to uncompres the file. The link to where this program is found is the opening post of this thread. If the extension is " rar", then download Winrar and install it. Then double clink the schedule and unpack it

But i then changed the file type to .tsh but it still didn't work does that mean that my only option is to uncompress it

But i then changed the file type to .tsh but it still didn't work does that mean that my only option is to uncompress it

Yes. Just read the opening post and follow the steps. Just renaming the extension is like trying to convert your Microwave into à TV by just writing " Panasonic" on the side Of it.

Hi

I have downloaded a few tactics and imported them but when in game i cannot edit certain parts of the tactic? In game the tactic has a C next to it when looking at the tactics list (show in pic).

View attachment 259186

How do i get rid of this so i can tweak the tactics Philosophy and strategy as at the moment they are greyed out !

Thanks
Willmo

Can anybody help I have download a tactic I click Import select my tactic then press select then when I click ok the tactic isn't coming up on the left where it shows them what am I doing wrong?