Montanaro

Reaction score
How do you guys go about trying to throw off your rival/upcoming opponent/title contenders?

I'm in a tight race for the title and I'm trying to boost the morale of the opponent of the team I'm in contention with by admiring their players. I remember this working for me once on FM10, but haven't really tried since.

Anyone have some good head game tricks they would like to share?

I've found in my save when I was Chelsea going for the league against Man.City is to praise them.
For example, if Mancini made a comment saying that he doesn't consider us as favourites, I responded to that by saying Man.City will be right up there at the end of the season.
However, in a press conference, the usual question is, Man.City are in action against Bolton today, How do you think they'll get on?
I've found the best answers are 1. Bolton are a good side and it might be tricky 2. I cant see them winning this match.
I used these 2 and they kept slipping up and i think they came 4th or even 5th at the end of the season. Just try experimenting. Good luck on your title race!!!!

I've never really tried praising the other team. I suppose it could be up a lot of pressure on them to succeed. I imagine that it would be a good idea to check to see what type of team personality they have first. If they are determined, I wouldn't praise or insult them as they will either be determined to live up to praise or to prove you wrong.

Cripple their players when you play them would be an effective tactic, you could attempt this by setting all your players to hard tackle and use OI set to tackle hard on every player.

Last edited:
Quote Gogogo golem
"Cripple their players when you play them would be an effective tactic, you could attempt this by setting all your players to hard tackle and use OI set to tackle hard on every player."

haha i was waiting for one of these comments. Awesome

Quote Gogogo golem
"Cripple their players when you play them would be an effective tactic, you could attempt this by setting all your players to hard tackle and use OI set to tackle hard on every player."

haha i was waiting for one of these comments. Awesome
Thanks and don't forget to try it extra hard on their Goalie because if they have some rubbish in net for ages how can they possibly beat anther big team.

unfortunately, I've already played my 2 games against my title contending opponent, so I can't exactly ask other teams to do the dirty work for me.

If they're not accustomed to win trophies, saying they'll be the champions when you're asked usually makes them start a rot patch of form. It's served me in my Torino game against Napoli, Udinese, Fiorentina... But if they're accustomed, they may even get a boost (I just did with Palermo, who've won the past two or three seasons and they went to score 5 against a not so easy rival, d'oh!).

Am I the one who is going to say it?

Add new manager, rival team :p 1hr before kickoff! Drop all the best players to the reserves, fire all the staff you can etc

Please note that I have never done this before, however, that is sabotage and you asked for it ;P

Am I the one who is going to say it?

Add new manager, rival team :p 1hr before kickoff! Drop all the best players to the reserves, fire all the staff you can etc

Please note that I have never done this before, however, that is sabotage and you asked for it ;P

LOL and ruin their finances and fitness levels with fmrte :p terminate the contracts XD

xaxaxa why dont you save the game before any game you play to win them all and be first instead of cheating?

I find that if I have to play my rival one more time, I will player instructions to tackle hard! and hope for an injury

There's a button on FMRTE that says sabotage team.. It like destroys all the players fitness and morale I think. Just use that?

There's a button on FMRTE that says sabotage team.. It like destroys all the players fitness and morale I think. Just use that?

I've done this once for fun against real madrid and...

The game got some players to replace those injured low fitness ones.. with the same level, so its pointless...