sandeephoro

Reaction score
i can't sell my players even on a free!
no clubs consider a deal viable for them!
i m playing with man city top of the league for past two seasons and want to sign some new players but i cannot sell barry, bellamy, some reserve players even on a free!
what the heck am i supposed to do?

if you want to get rid of reserve players on a free just release them then send bellamy out on loan with view to permenant

Maybe try buying some players and offering these players you don't want in exchange?

If you really don't want them..

It's quite easy to persuade players to terminate their contract

if i offer to terminate their contract barry wants 13 m. i could buy a better player with that amount!
nobody takes them even on loan and good heavens they have at least 2 more seasons on their contracts!

When did you take over at City?
You have to be patient in cases like this - it takes a while for players like that to realize that they're unwanted. Offer them a mutual termination several times until they lower their severance demands. Until that time, keep them in the reserves.

Of course, it depends on the formation and style you play, but personally I would hold on to Barry - he's very decent cover for Yaya Toure in my deep 4-2-3-1 (on the fringes, though, now that Arturo Vidal is in town) and although maintaining him at the City of Manchester Stadium runs you an incredibly high 80,000/w, you could just let his contract run out. I think that that's the best course.
Otherwise, you could just remind them every once in a while that they're unwanted muppets by offering a mutual termination - I got rid of Bellamy for around 800k (which I was more than glad to pay), but not before I offered him four(!) mutual terminations. It takes a while, but is well worth waiting at times.

I have same problem... no-body wants them on loan or a transfer.. board wont let you release them and they wont accept mutual termination

basically it cannot be done.. wait till jan or next summer :/

What patch are you using?
Haven't they settled that issue in 11.3?
I know it was nearly impossible to sell your players to other clubs for more than their market value.

I am having the same problem at Sunderland in the second season. I want to sell -
Stephane Sessegnon - A decent player but I have Ganso and Sjkelbred for his position now.
Anton Ferdinand - Loaned him out with a view to permanent in the first season but he came back and can't get rid of him!.
Steed Malbranque - Another decent player but Henderson & Cattermole are keeping him out of the side and can't even make the bench.

I have tried 'Mutual Termination' with them all but none of them want to , and I don't want to release them 'cos they're all on decent wages and will cost a fair bit to compensate it.
I have also tried offering them to all clubs for measly transfer fee's but still no-one is interested!

What can I do to get rid of them?

well i m in my third man city season and i sold barry for 0 to west brom in jan.
turns out u just have to play them some matches,give them some decent pitch time for 3 or 4 games then offer them again, someone will definately bid but price will be very less!
now i am trying to sell james milner!
so guys just let them play some games and then try to sell cause no club wants to buy an out of action player!

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

and letting them rot in reserves is not a good idea cause they still consume massive wages and are of no use to the team!