How to set up a Bayern-like tactic (4-2-3-1 Deep)

Weirdly enough I did exaxtly that with the tactic last night and it began working far better. Thanks

Bayern uses a 4-2-3-1 Deep formation. It's a reserved shape of classic 4-2-3-1, and offers greater pitch coverage. Bayern plays with a defensive forward whose role is to put pressure on opponents centre backs, so they can't organise an attack from deep. It is said Bayern plays counter attack, but if you know anything about football, then you know high defensive line and counter attack don't go well together. However, Bayern actually forces the opponent to attack them in a certain way, and then they beat them to the ball. A squeezed play, high defensive line, lot's of pressing on a narrow width in combination with this formation make the cream of the crop of football today. Two defensive midfielders in a support-defend roles, make the classic stopper centre backs not needed. One brakes up opposition attacks, and intercepts their passes, while the other is more creative and joins the attack himself (deep lying playmaker - support and anchor man). Two inside forwards duty is to dribble and cut inside and overload the box offering a surplus man, while the fullbacks are providing width. This formation utilizes an AMC, and his job is to unlock opposition defence, and help with defending aswell. Bayern, unlike Barcelona, controls space, not the ball.

Download it here:
FC Bayern.tac
What results have you got with this tactic?

I only played like 10 games, and won them all, including one cup, and Dortmund

I just finished a season with this tactic, although changing the philosophy did originally help after awhile the same problems cropped up such as the poor tackling by the cb's and the lack of a true attacking fulcrum. Mandzukic got me over 25 goals in the season, however 12 of them were in the cup and the rest in the league. Not a single goal in the champions league and not a single goal in any game against any team of the dortmund, schalke or leverkusen standard. I think in real life Bayern sort of play like that, although using a defensive forward on his own is simply not effective in this game. I'm trying to find a Bayern tactic I like, and so far have been unable to because no one can correctly recreate their style of play.

I just finished a season with this tactic, although changing the philosophy did originally help after awhile the same problems cropped up such as the poor tackling by the cb's and the lack of a true attacking fulcrum. Mandzukic got me over 25 goals in the season, however 12 of them were in the cup and the rest in the league. Not a single goal in the champions league and not a single goal in any game against any team of the dortmund, schalke or leverkusen standard. I think in real life Bayern sort of play like that, although using a defensive forward on his own is simply not effective in this game. I'm trying to find a Bayern tactic I like, and so far have been unable to because no one can correctly recreate their style of play.

Try this new one i have uploaded, this time kroos and muller are scoring, there are longshots, dribbling, through balls, and more cautius tackling, as they play for real....if you have the will power

Look at the Boo Ya one, thats definately the closest thing that resembles Bayern in real life.