How to setup Rooney - van Persie partnership?

vojtaklezl

Reaction score
Hello,

I´m playing with Man Utd (just to get the grip of the game before full version comes out) and I'm having huge problem with Rooney and van Persie. I tend to score very few goals, and most of them are scored by midfielders and defenders.

I usually play 4-2-3-1 with Rooney as AM on IF or T role and van Persie in front of him on CF role.
But they seem to rarely get the ball and when they do, they almost always lose it.
Rooney scored 19 goals during a season, but most of it in the first half, then he just stopped (I'm guessing that it was when the beta update was released).

So my question is: how to make them score? Or how to make anyone score for that matter, because I'm tired of 1:0 wins.

Rooney plays pretty well with advanced playmaker attack at amc.
RVP is great as a poacher for first two seasons,but he has lost his pace in mine in the 3rd,with 11 and 12 for accelaration and pace.So either keep him at quickness training heavy always.
They play pretty well in the advanced playmaker and poacher combo.
Or you could try playing both as DLF,with Rooney on support and RVP on attack.
Or play Rooney on the left of the 4-2-3-1 with Kagawa in the middle and he should get lots of goals from there.

I wouldn't worry to much about tactics untill Friday. Yes its nice to be able to get a tatic that works, but its the beta, things will/are/have gonna change when the final version is released.