How to sign players who don't qualify for EPL work permit?

magnum092

Reaction score
Okay I have reached the 2013-2014 season in Fm 2013 and I have made contract offer for players who accepted the terms but can't get work permits and therefore transfer not possible. I was able to loan out a 15 year old to a affiliate club in Belgium after he failed to gain work permit. I was asked if I would like to send him to a affiliate club or cancel the deal. I then went for Luis Muriel who was on free. I agreed all terms with him but fails to gain work permit. Once I appeal the decision the appeal fails and the deal doesn't go through. If i don't appeal the deal still doesn't go through.

Any idea how I can sign him and send to an affiliate club.

If their work permit application is unsuccessful after appeal, then there is nothing you can do really. It is when it has been accepted that you can then immediately loan them out to an affiliate club for them to gain their work permit there.

If their work permit application is unsuccessful after appeal, then there is nothing you can do really. It is when it has been accepted that you can then immediately loan them out to an affiliate club for them to gain their work permit there.

I have still not once had the option to loan the player out. I have also never seen a screenshot of the option. Where should I try and get an affiliate club to have this option show up?

Not much you can do if you appeal and it's turned down. If a player has a few international caps to their name it usually boosts their chances, someone else might explain the proper requirements.

I know it will sound dumb, but have you still got that feeder club? It may have been cancelled or something?

Well actually my assistant coach tells me to loan out the player to an affiliate so the player can get a work-permit. But since I can't sign the player, i can't loan him out.