aussie

Reaction score
I tried googling this but didn't find anything, so please point me in the right direction if there is one...

I'm trying to find regen wonderkids, and just wondering what i should be looking for in 15, 16, 17 year old kids.

I know high determination would be a must. But i'm after different things that other people have found to be good.

I'm looking for that 16 year old that costs next to nothing but will be a superstar, rare i know but you gotta hope.

5 years in: not so rare. gensgensgens

I always look for relatively well-developed mental attributes. Better mentals they have, often the better player in the end.

First thing to do is take note of the key regen dates, Brazil, Argentina, Spain and France are the main four you'll check out, Germany, England, Italy, Holland, Uruguay and some of the African nations are your next key ones followed by places like Croatia, Bosnia etc that sometimes throw out the odd great player or two.Then either tell your scouts to scout the main two leagues a week or so before the regen dates or if you're a little more patient go through the leagues yourself(make sure they're on playable).

First look for determination, you'll want 15+ unless they already have godly stats. Check through the key stats for the position they play in and determine yourself if they're at a good enough level or if you'd need to retrain them to another position. Can often find someone who's much more suited to playing in a different position.

Once those are done and you have your list of future signings check their mental stats, they increase a lot with age so starting out with a solid base for them means they often can be very high once he's in his prime. Physical stats I often check last but obviously it depends on where they play.

Other than star rating i simply look if some of the stats are standing out. 15 year old with +17 pace and dribbling will likely become a great winger. It makes it quite easy to sort through the deadwood. Wonderkid WILL stand out from the rest at something, and its rarely just having all around better skills.

High determination is not a must as long as you have the right tutor. Unless FM13 changes something about it, proper tutoring can boost determination and hidden attributes through the roof.

If you have vet player(s) labeled as model professional - more power to you. They can turn good regens into great. Or to put it in practical terms: Giggs, Casillas = good tutors. Balotelli = not good.

trust me youll know.. as compared to most regens they will have stand out attributes

mental stats increase over time and are easily increased with the correct tutoring so I would not worry too much about that!

natural fitness is a must as this will ensure they train harder and get better!

depending on the players position you are looking for certain stats are good indicators...

technique, first touch and passing are good for mids
anticipation, strength, composure, jumping, heading etc are good for defenders
pace, flair, off the ball, dribbling are good for wingers

so on and so forth...

I do recommend that you get a player with good physical attributes as training youngsters on physical uses up the most of their PA points.. mental as mentioned is always learned the older they get so its a given and as mentioned, can be easily increased through tutoring..

high determination has nothing really more to do with the players personality when it comes to going a goal down they will try harder to equalize.. I normally have a determined team in all my saves