How to stop conceding in the last third of the game??

AustinGreyson

Reaction score
New player here!

I just started playing FM a couple of weeks ago.
I'm almost halfway through the first season with Club Brugge.
My objective is to win the league, but I'm in second place now.
I've played 15 games, lost none, but also had 6 draws.
I've got a feeling that I concede too easily. It seems like I just cannot keep a clean sheet.
It seems like somehow, the opposition will always score.
This has already cost me a few points.Speed Test Solitaire essay writer
I play a 4-2-3-1 with a positive mentality. When I'm up and I notice the opposition is taking conrol of the match, i would change the mentality too somithing more defending.
But even then, there will always be a defender, or my keeper, who will switch off, leave his man unmarked or just doesn't respond when there is a through ball.

Does somebody have a solution to help this new player?
Or do I just have to deal with it, hope for the best, and try to buy a new defender next season?
Or do i have to adjust my tactics?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
I do believe it is a very complex question, a lot of things have to be taken into account.
- shouts - is your team focused
- you are changing mentality but they do work closely with your tactical instructions - for example, if I am defending a lead and opposition is throwing everything at me I remove the counter-press after losing the ball
- player instructions and/or roles - add a defender or a defensive mid. Don't be scared tweaking / changing tactics in play. You said you play 4-2-3-1 - if you are protecting a lead switch to 4-1-2-2-1