ArchieCP

Reaction score
Every game or near enough every game I play, they play it down the wing, play a cross in and none of my players are even close to them and boom I concede. How can I stop this? Is there a tactic? Also my players will just run with the player with the ball but won't actually put a tackle in, or is it just the match engine. Either way it's fuc*in* annoying. :'(

Show their winger inside, Get a defender with good jumping and heading stats or double up on their wingers.

Every game or near enough every game I play, they play it down the wing, play a cross in and none of my players are even close to them and boom I concede. How can I stop this? Is there a tactic? Also my players will just run with the player with the ball but won't actually put a tackle in, or is it just the match engine. Either way it's fuc*in* annoying. :'(

Are you online with steam and have let it update the game for you ?

i use zonal marking then each player commands an area rather then marking a player which 9 times out of 10 they dont do, but zonal marking is great i do let in goals from crosses thats normal but its not all the time..

So it does it automatically. But do you have be online all the time or does it just update then it's there no matter what

It updates automatically if being online and trying to start FM.

Dont like your full backs attack make them more defensive and play just a couple of clicks below wide...

I've also experienced the problem you had,but after the last update come out,it's not something that often occur in my save,because if I am not mistaken,that was an me's bug.
did you disable the automatic update for FM2013 in your steam ?

With all due respect to Nezza, this tactic won't help the problem. It happens a lot to me too (using various tactics, including Nezza's). In 3D mode, my DC's do ridiculous things when the ball gets crossed in to allow the goal. Imo it's just the way it is... meaning the ME wants the opposition to score, so allowing them to do it may mean your player does something outrageous to accomplish this (same with own goals).

With all due respect to Nezza, this tactic won't help the problem. It happens a lot to me too (using various tactics, including Nezza's). In 3D mode, my DC's do ridiculous things when the ball gets crossed in to allow the goal. Imo it's just the way it is... meaning the ME wants the opposition to score, so allowing them to do it may mean your player does something outrageous to accomplish this (same with own goals).

If the ME wants the opposition to score then you must be doing something wrong so Nezza's tactic may well work for someone else. I changed my tactic when i noticed alot of goals from crosses and now it happens less often. So the problem is easily fixed. No need to cry over spilled milk mate.

If the ME wants the opposition to score then you must be doing something wrong so Nezza's tactic may well work for someone else. I changed my tactic when i noticed alot of goals from crosses and now it happens less often. So the problem is easily fixed. No need to cry over spilled milk mate.

I don't think there's any tactic that can stop my DC's from:

-Running in circles around the ST leading him to being unmarked

-Being goal-side then moving to the other side of the attacker, again leaving him unmarked

-not tracking the run of a ST into the box (just standing completely still)

All sounds like ME problems to me mate and not tactics related (i've tried everything, zonal, man, TM no, TM yes...

Tomiblaougrana's tactics bible and moreCheck this thread.

For the love of God. It's got nothing to do with being in 3D. Changing the view of a game doesn't change how the game runs. You can't fix anything by changing to 2D.