Cookie1

Reaction score
Hi guys. I had a save going with Valencia and I used to play 4-2-3-1 wide. However due to lack of wingers in the squad, I changed to a wingback formation with two attacking mids and two strikers. I have both the attacking mids on AM-support duty. One of the strikers is TM-support and the other striker is Poacher. However the problem I have is that if I put the attacking mids on support, they leave the strikers isolated and this leads to silly long shots. If I put them on attack, my defense gets isolated. So I was wondering how to get them to work the ball into the box rather than take long shots. I tried the Work ball into box TI and shoot less often PI. But it has no effect. Any ideas? Thx.

Hi guys. I had a save going with Valencia and I used to play 4-2-3-1 wide. However due to lack of wingers in the squad, I changed to a wingback formation with two attacking mids and two strikers. I have both the attacking mids on AM-support duty. One of the strikers is TM-support and the other striker is Poacher. However the problem I have is that if I put the attacking mids on support, they leave the strikers isolated and this leads to silly long shots. If I put them on attack, my defense gets isolated. So I was wondering how to get them to work the ball into the box rather than take long shots. I tried the Work ball into box TI and shoot less often PI. But it has no effect. Any ideas? Thx.

If Work ball into box TI and shoot less often PI are not giving you any changes, then the tactic is failing to create chances.
Needless long shots are nearly always show that there's a problem with a tactic.

If you have Work Ball Into Box ticked and they're still taking pointless shots a lot, it could be PPMs. More often than not, it's the sign of a poor tactic with no passing options for the ball carrier.

If Work ball into box TI and shoot less often PI are not giving you any changes, then the tactic is failing to create chances.
Needless long shots are nearly always show that there's a problem with a tactic.

I know the problem in my tactic. I just want to know how I should change so that my strikers and defenders and not left isolated. I currently play 3 defenders on CD-defend and two Wingbacks on CWB-attack. I have a DM on DLP-support and two Attacking mids and two strikers as explained in previous post.

If you have Work Ball Into Box ticked and they're still taking pointless shots a lot, it could be PPMs. More often than not, it's the sign of a poor tactic with no passing options for the ball carrier.

None of the players have the Shoots from Distance PPM except my Wingback and he does not shoot because I have him out wide to send in crosses.

None of the players have the Shoots from Distance PPM except my Wingback and he does not shoot because I have him out wide to send in crosses.
So then it's the 2nd part of my post.

I know the problem in my tactic. I just want to know how I should change so that my strikers and defenders and not left isolated. I currently play 3 defenders on CD-defend and two Wingbacks on CWB-attack. I have a DM on DLP-support and two Attacking mids and two strikers as explained in previous post.

For the record, you haven't really explained anything. You've just listed a few roles on the pitch. I've no idea who you've got at the club, what players are playing where, what their play-styles are (PPMs) and what kind of team instructions you're using. We can't recommend anything since we don't know what cards you've got in your hand. All we can do it tell you you're not playing to your teams strengths.

For the record, you haven't really explained anything. You've just listed a few roles on the pitch. I've no idea who you've got at the club, what players are playing where, what their play-styles are (PPMs) and what kind of team instructions you're using. We can't recommend anything since we don't know what cards you've got in your hand. All we can do it tell you you're not playing to your teams strengths.

I currently don't have access to the computer right now so I can't post any screenshots just now. I will do it later. However I can tell you my squad lineup and my formation. Here goes:

Squad:

GK. Diego Alves
GK. Yoel
LB. Lucas Orban
LB. Carles Planas
CB. Victor Ruiz
CB. Nicolas Otamendi
CB. Shkodran Mustafi
CB. Jesus Vallejo
CB. Ruben Vezo
RB. Antonio Barragan
RB. Rafael
DM. Sergi Roberto
MC. Enzo Perez
MC. Andre Gomes
AM. Andre Ayew
AM. Pablo Sarabia
AM. Guido Vadala
AM. Rodrigo DePaul
AM. Andrija Zivkovic
ST. Paco Alcacer
ST. Rodrigo
ST. Negredo

I use formation and roles as follows.

Sweeper Keeper support

CD defend. CD defend. CD defend

CWB attack. CWB attack.

AM support. AM support.

TM support. Poacher attack.

I will post the screenshots later as soon as I can.

You created a weird looking formation. It would be better to diagnose the problem yourself or present the actual situations.

Why don't you look at the times these pointless shots happen? Pause the game. Look to see if there are any decent passing options for the player.

If not, who could have been there that isn't? A role or duty change will be needed then.

If there are options, but the player isn't passing to them, what in your instructions/mentality/etc could be causing this?

YOU are the one with the match in front of you. At this point, we'd be guessing.

You created a weird looking formation.
o.png

Here you go. These are my team tactics and my team instructions along with the players that I have available.

You created a weird looking formation. It would be better to diagnose the problem yourself or present the actual situations.

Why don't you look at the times these pointless shots happen? Pause the game. Look to see if there are any decent passing options for the player.

If not, who could have been there that isn't? A role or duty change will be needed then.

If there are options, but the player isn't passing to them, what in your instructions/mentality/etc could be causing this?

YOU are the one with the match in front of you. At this point, we'd be guessing.

Well I cant figure it out. Thats why I asked you guys. Now that I have uploaded my tactics, can you please have a look and tell me how to solve my problem? Thx.

Well I cant figure it out. Thats why I asked you guys. Now that I have uploaded my tactics, can you please have a look and tell me how to solve my problem? Thx.
You have little movement, so I'm going to assume few/no passing options. I'm also going to say that forcing them to play passes to feet only is hampering any other possibilities.

You have little movement, so I'm going to assume few/no passing options. I'm also going to say that forcing them to play passes to feet only is hampering any other possibilities.

For movement should I set it to Very Fluid and More Expressive? Wouldn't More Expressive make them ignore my tactical instructions? What about passing to feet? I can't figure out how I have instructed them to pass into feet only?

For movement should I set it to Very Fluid and More Expressive? Wouldn't More Expressive make them ignore my tactical instructions? What about passing to feet? I can't figure out how I have instructed them to pass into feet only?
Movement means better movement between the lines. You need a better DUTY selection.

AM-S - STATIC
AM-S - STATIC
TM-S - STATIC
Poacher - making forward runs.

There's no movement. Everyone is trying to support, so is largely standing still, easy to mark. There needs to be better movement. We've been over this in your previous thread too. Players should be dropping deep. Others will move beyond their line into space. etc. You are relying only on the poacher to do anything useful here.

RETAIN POSSESSION - it lowers tempo, shortens passing and, crucially, limits passes into space.

Movement means better movement between the lines. You need a better DUTY selection.

AM-S - STATIC
AM-S - STATIC
TM-S - STATIC
Poacher - making forward runs.

There's no movement. Everyone is trying to support, so is largely standing still, easy to mark. There needs to be better movement. We've been over this in your previous thread too. Players should be dropping deep. Others will move beyond their line into space. etc. You are relying only on the poacher to do anything useful here.

RETAIN POSSESSION - it lowers tempo, shortens passing and, crucially, limits passes into space.

So if I should change the Retain Possession TI to Direct Passing and change one of the AM to AP-Attack and change the TM to DLF-support, then will this be enough to make it work? thx.

So if I should change the Retain Possession TI to Direct Passing and change one of the AM to AP-Attack and change the TM to DLF-support, then will this be enough to make it work? thx.
I have no idea what your vision is for how you want to play. Have a look and see if it's what you want?

I have no idea what your vision is for how you want to play. Have a look and see if it's what you want?

I want the players to play through balls to the strikers or else overload the box and then look for a cross in from the wing backs.

I want the players to play through balls to the strikers or else overload the box and then look for a cross in from the wing backs.
Okay, the through ball issue should be sorted now. Your players will pretty much only try through balls to the poacher though as the other is a target man, who will have balls played onto him. That's the definition of the role.

How are you intending to overload the box with only one player regularly attacking it?