How to train a young player that is playing at their full potential?

Maximus94

Reaction score
I have a CM that is 21 year old (regen) who (according to my coaches with high CA & PA judging ability) say that "he is playing at close to his full potential." His star rating for CA and PA are the same.

So does this mean he won't improve any more, or that his rate of improvement will be significantly slower than before?

I'm aware mental attributes improve over time into players 30-40's, surely at 21, he will still improve a lot physically and in his technique.

Jack Wilshere (who is similar to this guy) still has A LOT of growth left according to his FM PA.

The player might have the perfect hidden attributes to develop quickly (high professionalism and ambition) and have good determination, coupled with you giving him a lot of game time. It's good that he's developed.

IF he's reached his CA then he more than likely won't improve (I've sometimes had it where I've had a player reach his CA according to reports and then improve marginally) and keep having 'CA drops' (don't worry about these because your player will just get to his best in a couple of weeks).

I'd lower his training intensity now mate, just so he doesn't get an injury in training.

Has Wilshere been injured a lot? He normally develops quite fast on my saves, but also gets injured a far bit too and never seems to hit his potential for long before a hefty lay out.

Great point! Makes sense now.

Also you're right, his determination and professionalism are 20